Dolphin Discovery

acceber32

I am trying to book the dolphin encounter; however, because we will be on a Disney cruise it won't let me. It says I have to book directly thru Disney. Besides the price being double what we'd pay if we booked directly with Dolphin Discovery, I can't book thru Disney. My son will not be 3 and Disney's excursion says they have to be 3. Dolphin Discovery's website says that they have to be over 1 but that he would be free if under 3'2" and 3. Does anyone know a way around this? I really wanted to do this excursion with my family, it sounds like so much fun and I've read great reviews about it. I did read on the boards to try to pay thru paypal but that didn't work either, it still required me to put in my cruise ship name. I'm not so sure I want to put in a different ship name in case we don't make it to port and are charged for the excursion (our cruise is in September; prime hurricane time). Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this? Has anyone booked thru Dolphin Discovery without any issues? Thanks!! I really hope I can get this booked, I think my son would love it (and so would my husband and I)!

I hope this helps. After you select your location for the swim, go to the little live chat window on the bottom right of your screen. Talk to the sales representative and tell them which activity you want to book. They are very plesant people to deal with. This is how we booked. Confirmation was sent to my e-mail right away.

Thanks, I tried to use the live chat option but they wouldn't let me book it thru them either since we will be on a Disney cruise due to their contract. Guess I'll have to do some hard thinking about what to do. On one hand I really want my son to be able to experience this (us too) but since Disney won't let me book this excursion thru them my only other option is to lie about it. I'm just not sure I'm willing to do that and risk losing the money if we don't make it to port.

Archived