Leaving Galveston on Easter Sunday

BaylorBear11

Hi,

I am looking at taking my Mom on a cruise for her birthday. I was really excited about the 3/31/13 Mariner cruise, because her birthday fell during the cruise, but then I noticed 3/31 was Easter. Has anyone sailed on Easter? Do you think there will be a lot of kids on the ship? We were hoping for a super relaxing and quiet cruise - not one with a lot of kids. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am looking at taking my Mom on a cruise for her birthday. I was really excited about the 3/31/13 Mariner cruise, because her birthday fell during the cruise, but then I noticed 3/31 was Easter. Has anyone sailed on Easter? Do you think there will be a lot of kids on the ship? We were hoping for a super relaxing and quiet cruise - not one with a lot of kids. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about that. School's out only a day or two. However, traffic on I-45 to Galveston will be heavy if the weather is nice. Tons of folk will head for the Galveston's beaches. expecially with the new Pleasure Pier. Make allowance for that. Maybe arrive a day early?

BTW - I sailed Grand Princess three consecutive years during Spring Break. There were 700+ youngsters on board without a bit of trouble. I attribute that to the fact that the great majority were born and bred in Texas so they experienced a proper upbringing. I'm not being facetious.

Hi,

Thanks!

We have cruised twice at Easter. First time on Costa Atlantica and there were 800 kids but think the ship had around 2,500 passengers total. Not sure though was several years ago. But seemed like kids were everywhere. But it did not bother us or ruin our trip.

Most recent was this year on NCL Epic. The ship had 4,600 passengers and of that 1,600 were kids. Believe they said the week before there were 1,200 on board. So it did increase for the Easter sailing. On that ship we would have never guessed there were that many. There were so many different things for the kids to do, we never saw groups hanging in the stairwells like we did on Atlantica. If they hung out in an area it was up on the pool decks at night. And they were well behaved, didn't see or hear of any problems.

In 2013 we will be on Carnival Magic which leaves on Easter Sunday. I'm guessing there will be alot of kids. Hoping that like Epic this ship will have alot going on for the kids. I think it's just what the ship has to offer for the kids, don't think Costa is a line that is geared towards keeping kids entertained so they gathered everywhere. Carnival, RCL and NCL have more for them to do.

Archived