Victory Review from scarface

scarface

We just got back from Victory on May 8th. I do not even know where to begin, I guess I start with this was my first cruise. We took a cab from MIA instead of the shuttle which was a good Idea. We were in the middle of the road on either taking the carnival shuttle or a cab, but when we arrived in MIA. The Carnival rep at the airport told us it would be cheaper to take a cab rather than the shuttle (there were 4 of us) saved us about 20 bucks. We got to the peir in about half the time. I was surprised carnival steered us in this direction rather than take more of our money. When we got to the peir this is where it got a little hectic. Cabs, shuttles, cars and people going every which way. Not really what I expected. It did not seem to be very organized, But like I said this was my first cruise and am not sure if all cruises are like this.

more to come.......if there is interest......

Emabarkation: First of all, always tip your porters. Very, very important which I have learned from these threads. If a couple of bucks helps your luggage gets to you onboard, DO IT. Without your belongings you will be hurting. Also fill out your sail and sign registration. This is different from your "fun pass". You will find this in your boarding pass info, and they will ask you to fill this out before you even enter the line to board the ship. Now to the fun part, waiting in line, after line, and after line. I know I make it sound bad, but it rather goes pretty quick.

Still Embarking: (what fun) Now you are waiting in line to go through security. Make sure that you have all the booze you are going to smuggle aboard in your checked luggage. I strongly suggest doing this if you are big drinkers such as ourselves. BUt make sure you over tip your servers to make up for all the money you save by smuggling your stuff on board. (IMPORTANT)! Back to the lines......fill out you fun pass this will save you a little time waiting in line. NOt a whole lot though, you will still wait in line for your sail and sign card and those stupid photos they make you take to get onboard. I hated these photo lines! One of the most stupid things I encountered on our trip.

Archived