Best beach for the day

BethV114

We will be in St. Lucia in November and are looking for a beach where we can rent lounge chairs and get a few drinks. When in St. Lucia last year we didn't have a specific plan and were slightly disappointed in our day. We relied on the info booth at the pier and took a cab to a beach that I honestly cannot recall the name of. It was recommended to us because we had our 3 year old daughter with us. The beach wasn't terribly far from the cruise pier and was actually fairly nice. We were dropped off at a resort and led out onto the beach. We rented chairs right there and got a few drinks, but the only options were rum punch or beer and the loungers weren't all that great. Overall, the experience was "okay," but we felt that we could have done better if we had done better planning.

Are there are any beaches that are better to visit with a 4 year old (don't worry, she loves the water!!!)? We would like some comfortable (hopefully padded) loungers and availability to at least order drinks (though being able to get lunch, as well, would be even better). Would we do better going with a tour operator that can set us up at a nice beach instead of relying on a taxi? Would getting a day pass at a resort be a better option and, if so, which resort?

Thanks so much for the help!

We will be in St. Lucia in November and are looking for a beach where we can rent lounge chairs and get a few drinks. When in St. Lucia last year we didn't have a specific plan and were slightly disappointed in our day. We relied on the info booth at the pier and took a cab to a beach that I honestly cannot recall the name of. It was recommended to us because we had our 3 year old daughter with us. The beach wasn't terribly far from the cruise pier and was actually fairly nice. We were dropped off at a resort and led out onto the beach. We rented chairs right there and got a few drinks, but the only options were rum punch or beer and the loungers weren't all that great. Overall, the experience was "okay," but we felt that we could have done better if we had done better planning.

Are there are any beaches that are better to visit with a 4 year old (don't worry, she loves the water!!!)? We would like some comfortable (hopefully padded) loungers and availability to at least order drinks (though being able to get lunch, as well, would be even better). Would we do better going with a tour operator that can set us up at a nice beach instead of relying on a taxi? Would getting a day pass at a resort be a better option and, if so, which resort?

Thanks so much for the help!

I'm sure Reedprincess (a resident of St. Lucia) will have more expertise to add to this, but I am guessing if you were at a beach near the cruise pier, you likely were at Reduit Beach. In regards to a nice beach that a tour operator can take you to, I would suggest looking into Spencer Ambrose Tours. He offers a boat excursion to Jalousie Beach (between the scenic Pitons) that includes drinks and lunch. The resort at Jalousie Beach provides complimentary lounge chairs on the snorkeling side of the beach but you can rent padded chairs directly from the resort, I believe at $20/chair. Although we have not done this particular excursion with Spencer Ambrose, we have toured with him in the past, so I can highly recommend his services. Booking an excursion to Jalousie Beach, like this one, would be cheaper than hiring a taxi to take you there.

Jalousie Beach looking towards the resort side of the beach

IMG_3471.jpg

The snorkeling side of the beach with complimentary lounge chairs.

IMG_3519.jpg

Please Note: all beaches in St. Lucia are public. You can always put a towel down anywhere you would like to along the stretch of beach.

Archived