Regal to Alaska - Stateroom BD/B135

golfnut1

Has anyone any info regarding this stateroom? My sister and I are booked into it for the 10-day Alaska trip. I'm wondering whether there is a lot of wave motion, since it's more forward than I usually cruise and she's worried about mal de mer. Is the view acceptable from the balcony if we are sitting on it? At least, it's on the starboard side, so views should be great for the inside passage, hmmm? Thanks for any comments. :)

I was in B135 on the REGAL from Montreal to New York (10 days) in October 2004. I didn't notice any problems with the room. Quite nice, actually, since the REGAL has some of the largest rooms in the PRINCESS fleet. I didn't notice any motion, even in the Atlantic; but, then, this was my 17th cruise, and it takes a bit to get my stomach churning. The view is great. The balcony door is not a sliding door type, but opens inwards (as I recall). However, you are quite close to the (not very well advertised) small viewing platform at the front of the BAJA deck (great for the glaciers). I'll try to answer any other questions that you might have.

Thanks for your input, JohnLauben. I appreciate your comments on the room itself and we'll check out the viewing platform. I don't normally have a problem with motion, but my sister has never cruised and is a little apprehensive. Have you ever sailed from San Francisco under the Golden Gate? I understand it's quite awesome. Thanks, again.

No ... I've never sailed under the Golden Gate, although it's on my list of things to do. I have sailed under most of the other bridges listed in the "bridges" post. The cabin does contain a small refrigerator. You can fit those 1.5-liter Coca Cola bottles in them, but 2-liter bottles don't quite make it. There's also a small ice bucket in the fridge. If you're a water drinker, best to have many smaller bottles. The fridge will chill your beverage supply, but it's not too quick at doing so ... smaller bottles are better!

Great news, thanks! I'm a diet Coke junkie!! I plan to buy the soda cup, but I'm an early riser and don't want to try to find where I can get it filled at 5:00 AM. But, I love my water when we're "trekking". You've been a big help, thanks.

Archived