Inclusive Drinks Packages - Sunshine

We are sailing on The Sunshine June 16th and as we do like to partake of a few drinks we were wondering if it is good value to buy the drinks package. Also as a wine drinker myself do these packages include wines?

Is it best to buy this beforehand or when we get on the ship - many thanks for any help :D

I don't see that the Cheers program is offered on Sunshine yet. Anyone else know?

You can't buy it in advance; when offered, it's available once onboard, on day 1 or 2 of the sailing. Glasses of wine are included.

You may want to check out this thread for lots of information on the Cheers program.

Edited by emelvee

I have just asked JOhn Heald about this as I was wondering the same myself. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

With regards to the cheers program you can only get glasses of wine. If you do however buy a bottle of wine you get a 25% discount.

Edited by mairead224

I believe both parties in the cabin have to go on the drinks package or is it every adult on your booking? We are in separate cabins sharing with our kids so would be great if just hubby could have the package....

I know some people will bash me for asking and say its cheating and it ruins it for the rest of us .....etc but if anyone can answer this I would appreciate it!! If one cabin gets the drink package and you "try" to share with your daughter from another cabin is it hard to get her an occasional drink? There are lots of people who do use the 15 drinks but if I won't be close and most likely neither will my husband on port days (Europe) well I would love to get for piece of mind (knowing bill) but would really like to be able to "share some" has anyone done this with friends or relatives in another cabin? Don't hate but I see tons of threads on rum runners (not sure what they are) and ways to sneak on booze etc I would like to get package - plan to sneak on nothing - but also would like to break even and being able to get my daughter and fiancée some drinks (maybe 2-3 each day) according to my calculations would at least get us over 6 a day! So has anyone done this? I know there are a lot of people who probably wonder the same!

I believe both parties in the cabin have to go on the drinks package or is it every adult on your booking? We are in separate cabins sharing with our kids so would be great if just hubby could have the package....
If one adult in a CABIN wants to purchase Cheers, all adults in that cabin must purchase it. So you book one adult in each cabin and split of the kids for booking purposes; that way, only one adult would need to purchase the package.

Its per cabin if you are in one room and the other adult is in another than you wont have to both buy it.

I know some people will bash me for asking and say its cheating and it ruins it for the rest of us .....etc but if anyone can answer this I would appreciate it!! If one cabin gets the drink package and you "try" to share with your daughter from another cabin is it hard to get her an occasional drink? There are lots of people who do use the 15 drinks but if I won't be close and most likely neither will my husband on port days (Europe) well I would love to get for piece of mind (knowing bill) but would really like to be able to "share some" has anyone done this with friends or relatives in another cabin? Don't hate but I see tons of threads on rum runners (not sure what they are) and ways to sneak on booze etc I would like to get package - plan to sneak on nothing - but also would like to break even and being able to get my daughter and fiancée some drinks (maybe 2-3 each day) according to my calculations would at least get us over 6 a day! So has anyone done this? I know there are a lot of people who probably wonder the same!

If you go to the bar, buy a drink, sit down in a chair by the pool and hand it to her, nobody's going to give you a second glance.

Hi. John got back to me and indeed it is offered on the sunshine.

That is fabulous news! The Guest relations will be our second stop after arrival.Cant wait.DH drinks more then me,but my drinks are more expensive so it will equal out.

Thank you for your reply! I am well aware we both need to purchase it just wanted to know how hard/easy it would actually be to share with another cabin! Thanks for your reply! Good to know!

Thanks for the replies! I don't drink much and normally purchase a soda package so this means hubby can have a Cheers package if he wants..

Can I just confirm if we purchase on the 2nd day and are not charged for the day we get off, On a 12 day cruise we would pay for 10 nights??

Edited by gailjen

Thanks for the replies! I don't drink much and normally purchase a soda package so this means hubby can have a Cheers package if he wants..

Can I just confirm if we purchase on the 2nd day and are not charged for the day we get off, On a 12 day cruise we would pay for 10 nights??

Thats right!!

I purchased it on the Conquest last year but I doubt I buy it on my upcoming Sunshine cruise. Based on how port intensive the trip is I dont see myself drinking enough to make it worth it. I will probably go with a wine package instead so that I have some vino each night. Its good to have options!

That's exactly why I asked! We have a very port intensive trip but if Husband and I can purchase some for our kids who are of age and in another cabin then I still might buy package which is why I was asking how hard it is to purchase (after 5 min) a drink for someone! Just not sure how tough they are!! As for the wine package I googled carnival and wine packages and it popped right up!!

• 2 years later...

On Carnival, each person over 21 can bring on a bottle of wine. I'm not a huge drinker...I am also a wimp and wine is too strong for me without mixing it with something so I can make two bottles of wine go a looong way. My husband and I will bring our allotted bottle of wine on board and Perrier sparkling water in cans. I get a glass of ice, put in some wine, put in some sparkling water, and maybe go to the buffet and get a little fruit drink and/or fruit to put in it depending on what kind of wine I use and whether I use flavored sparkling water or not. This method will last me days on a cruise. Oh and don't forget your corkscrew!!

Edited by cricketmk3