Dune buggy tour?

nxtdoor

I think it's called sandblasters. Has anyone ever done this and did you get the 5hr or 2.5 hr tour?

When I go to their website I think I understand it to be $150 for 1 buggy with 2 people in it for 2.5hrs?

How old do kids have to be to drive the buggy? thanks

We did this tour at Christmas time while we were visiting Roatan for a week...

They had only been open for a few weeks at that time.....

We had an awesome time !!! We were on the tour all afternoon so I guess it was the long one - altho I don't remember there being two options. But they were only open a few weeks and perhaps they have fine tuned their process now.

Anyway, the buggys are modified for this terrain and you are strapped in pretty well. The mud pit was a ton of fun (btw I am 57 yo female) for all ages..... the trip to the top of the mountains provided the most amazing views of this beautiful island. Add some beach time and some buggin' through some jungle and it was FUN !

Not sure the min age but this is a fairly extreme tour so i wouldn't put a young teen or so behind the wheel. The driver needs to be experienced as it covers some rough road and tight areas.

I would definitely do this tour again and its worth every penny..... especially for someone looking for something different to do !!!! Hope this helps :D

• 7 months later...

We just came back from Roatan where we had a wonderful time with the Sandblasters Dune Buggy people. I would recommend this excursion to everyone! The starting point is in their compound about a 10 minute ride from the port. After the paperwork, instructions, etc. was done they loaned us goggles to wear and gave us our choice of bandannas. They also have changing rooms so you can change into clothes that you don't mind getting wet and muddy. We piled into our dune buggies for our trip. I rode in a buggy with my husband. Other people rode by themselves.

We drove up the mountains through the rain forest experiencing spectacular views as we got higher and higher. It was drizzling so we got pretty muddy just on the way up the mountain. That was nothing compared to the fun we had once we reached the mud pit! My husband hit the mud pit at full speed which resulted in a 50 ft tidal wave of mud coming down on us! We made several passes through the mud and when we were done I had mud in places that I didn't know that I had places.

After the mud pit our guide lead us to a private beach where we could clean off in the beautiful clear water. The air temp was a little chilly, but the water was nice and warm. When my husband dove into the water the cloud of mud that billowed off him was hilarious.

We drove to a beautiful resort for the optional lunch. They had outdoor showers where we could rinse off. The food was delicious. There were some who opted out of the lunch and they just had a drink or just relaxed for a bit.

The ride back down the mountain was just as beautiful. Although we got pretty muddy again. That was fine. The Sandblasters compound had a hose that we could rinse off again at the end of the ride before we changed into our clean, dry clothes.

This trip was the highlight of our cruise!

Edited by Help@
removed paragraph