Carnival Elation, New Orleans Makeup Trail

There is literally no recent information for Carnival Elation brides...which makes me sad. So for future Elation brides I wanted to share my hair and makeup experience! I decided to go with kiss and makeup beauty services. They were amazing!!!!!! They are going to come to my hotel the morning of the wedding to get everyone ready.

Here we go! My before picture! Let me preface this with the fact that hubby 2 be and I got our marriage license that morning and because I did not want to straighten my hair or put anything in it, the humidity really had its way with me :/ 561783877_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1372299741.974830.jpg.526a248949dc3922b47c842162024603.jpg

This is after only an hr! And they said the trial they do super quick but on the wedding day, they take their time. I would have been completely satisfied with it! 1430877139_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1372299841.832948.jpg.0c0fa7a8c2b92a253b1f9d5a8dafbbad.jpg

They ladies are the sweetest girls. They even give you tips on your skin and hair while they are working!

25 days to go and I get to marry my love! Cannot wait! Good luck to you ladies!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for sharing! You looks gorgeous!

I'm getting married on the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans in June 2014. I've also noticed that there is very little info for us New Orleans brides and it is very frustrating. Especially for people like me that don't live in the area (I'm in AZ), so have no idea about where to get anything done there.

I've been debating just doing my own hair and makeup, but still haven't decided yet. I think part of the reason is lack of recommendations or not knowing where to even start looking. But, I tend to like a more natural look and want to make sure I look like "me" on my wedding day, and figure the best way to do that is to do it myself. I also can do everything on my own schedule then. But, I also know a pro can probably do a much better job than I can, especially for all the photos that I will be looking at forever. And my bridesmaids will likely prefer having pro hair and makeup. I think yours looks beautiful and may be selling me more on getting it professionally done.

• 1 year later...
Thanks so much for sharing! You looks gorgeous!

I'm getting married on the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans in June 2014. I've also noticed that there is very little info for us New Orleans brides and it is very frustrating. Especially for people like me that don't live in the area (I'm in AZ), so have no idea about where to get anything done there.

I've been debating just doing my own hair and makeup, but still haven't decided yet. I think part of the reason is lack of recommendations or not knowing where to even start looking. But, I tend to like a more natural look and want to make sure I look like "me" on my wedding day, and figure the best way to do that is to do it myself. I also can do everything on my own schedule then. But, I also know a pro can probably do a much better job than I can, especially for all the photos that I will be looking at forever. And my bridesmaids will likely prefer having pro hair and makeup. I think yours looks beautiful and may be selling me more on getting it professionally done.

Can either of you post reviews? I'm considering New Orleans for 2016 and it's around the corner -_-.