Travel Agent and Free Stuff

I went through a travel agent because I was able to get some free stuff for my upcoming cruise. Some of the stuff I got was straight up OBC, dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, soda package for one kid, and meals for 4 at Johnny Rockets. What I want to know is: When does that show up on my account and how does it show up?

I get that the OBC will be the dollar amount, but what about the specialty restaurant? Will that just be an additional $60 in my account? Can I use it for something else then? With the soda package, do I have to sign up for it beforehand or when I board? Since my ship doesn't have a Johnny Rockets, will that money just be added to the OBC?

What have you experienced?

Thanks!

When we received a dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant, we were sent a voucher a few weeks before the cruise. One thing to note is that you might only be able to use it on port days.

TAs usually know what is and isn't on a ship, so I don't know why they would give you the Johnny Rockets perk.

Is there a place where there are TA's listed or are some of the TA'a popular websites to be found around the web?

I am curious because I live in a smaller city so there is no such things as travel agents there.

There is something similar to what you are asking about; however, it is against the board's policy to provide TA names or websites.

Let me remind everyone we are not allowed to mention specific travel agents on this website. We also aren't allowed to ask to be emailed the names of specific travel agents. Doing so may result in a suspension of your posting privileges. Thanks for your future cooperation.

I've attached a link to the Community Guidelines below. Special attention should be paid to the section titled Travel Agent Recommendations.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Archived