Tequila Beach or Pez Quadro?

EagerToCruise

I've read where we can book a trip to Tequila Beach from the Costa Maya pier for $35 including transportation, all you can drink and unlimited snacks. Is this transportation from the pier itself or from Mahahual? And how far is it?

I've also read where we can pre-book online a day at Pez Quadro on the beach for $25 that includes all you can drink but you have to arrange your own transportation from the pier ($5 round trip per person).

For anyone who's been to both or either, what would you consider the better deal and which place would be better suited for a group of say 20-30 people? And yes, we do like to party. We're not a wild bunch but we certainly have a good time together!

I do so appreciate this board and all the information I've gathered about our previous cruises and our much anticipated group cruise next February.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I am having trouble with my internet connection and can't tell if I was successful at posting this a few minutes ago.

We were in Costa Maya at the end of April. We did an excursion that left from Tequila Beach. I can tell you that it is a nice beach, it was not quite as far as Majahaul, (which isn't that far from the port anyway). But, it is separated out from the rest of the bars in Majahaul. I didn't experience any food or drink, so I can't comment. But if you are looking for a place for 20 plus people to really have a good time and kind of have the place to yourself, this would be it.

We spent the remainder of our day at Pez Quadro, booked through

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm

And it was awesome. It is just down the road from Tapas, the food was excellent (I had lobster-the plate was huge!) The drinks were all top shelf liquor, best margaritas I had all cruise! This would also be a great place for 20 plus people, but the beach area maybe a little more crowded than Tequila.

To get to Majahaul, if you prebook with Costa Maya Excursions, they have a booth at the pier and they will arrange bus transportation to Majahaul. If you book on your own, you just walk through the port area to a main taxi/bus stand and buy a ticket. Either way it is pretty easy. Drive to Majahaul is maybe 10-15 mins.

Have a great time!

I have been to Tequila Beach twice and loved it. it is very nice and not crowded. the drinks and food were great. the service was also good. it can be booked at the pier and yes it does include transportation. I have not done the other beach but any time I go to Costa Maya you can bet I will go back to Tequila Beach.

corky14, if a person in our group doesn't drink much alcohol and only wants to stay with us and maybe have a couple of sodas, must they purchase a ticket for Tequila Beach or can they just arrive and enter the establishment on their own?

hey I know this answer!! My mom and a friend in our group did not drink so they only had to pay $5 for the taxi ride and they shared our food with us and nothing was ever said. you can buy sodas I think they were $1.50. also if there are any kids in the group the same applies for them. just let them know at the booth when you sign up.

Thanks so much for the reply boatbunny! Must you pre-order your food for Pez Quadro or can you simply order that day?

You can do either. I preordered, but I don't think there was any price difference if I had ordered it upon arrival. They do have a more extensive menu on site than what was available online, so if nothing is appealing to someone in your group, there is more to choose from.

The plates were huge. Tons of lobster which was seasoned (think lime juice, cilantro seasoning, very tasty). Also there was rice, tortilla chips with excellent salsa and guacamole, black beans. The shrimp looked equally good. And my kids just had the cheese quesadilla, they split one plate and there was plenty leftover.

Archived