Paradise vs Elation

mskillern

We've been on several cruises. Three of those have been on the Elation. We've had a great time but want to do something different next time.

Because of the way my DH works we can only do a 4 day cruise. Other than the Elation the only other ship that will work with his schedule is the Paradise.

The Paradise deck plans are exactly the same as the Elation. Has anyone sailed on both of these ships?

I would like to know if it would feel like we are on the Elation if we are on the Paradise.

I know the deck plans are the same. If the decor is different that would help.

Thanks so much for listening to me whine. I know any cruise is better than none.

• 11 months later...

I too am wondering this myself.

Elation is better because on the stop in Progreso. I really want to see some Mayan Ruins, and I heard that Progreso is best just for that. Louisiana would be a new state for me as well. I think plane tickets are a bit more and the Elation costs a bit more, but no more than 100 total. But i know the excursion in Progreso would tack on a lot more. But I always like a "walk around" port. I like having a stop where I have no schedule, no plans, and nothing stopping me from seeing ehat's around. I like the freedom. I have enjoyed past stops of Port Canaveral (Cocoa Beach), Roatan and Key West because of this. I like having an excursion, but I don't like being confined on vacation. The excursions are long and expensive in Progreso, but they're needed to really enjoy it. It would be less hassle to do Paradise.

Paradise is better because Grand Cayman is more tropical than Progreso, and it's actually my favorite stop (so far) :D. I would use it as my beach day, and then use Cozumel for a really cool activity. Flights are cheaper and so is the cruise. Excursion would cost less.

I am leaning more towards Elation.

Any thoughts?