RCI explorer of the seas vs. Norwegian Pearl

Trying to decide between both of these ships for a southern Caribbean cruise in November 2014. Looking at suites on both ships. Anyone have any insight into the differences between these two ships. Have travelled exclusively in the past with Royal Caribbean.

I recently sailed on the NCL Dawn, and missed every single detail of RCCL. I missed the promenade, the shows, the pools on RCCL, the decor, the SOLARIUM :( I missed the solarium terribly. Yes, I did realize how much I love RCCL.

Personally it would take a lot for me to go back to NCL. Nothing specifically, but just the overall cruising experience is better on Royal (for our taste).

I did enjoy, however; the freestyle experience, eating anytime you wanted, no formal nights, and I do think NCL had good food.

My vote would be Explorer of the seas. I am also taking the Explorer for S. Caribbean route out of Pt. canaveral.

I would suggest going to youtube dot com and searching both ships and comparing differences; make sure you check out the cruise atmosphere, etc especially going on longer cruises, you need good activites, shows, bigger pools, etc..... good luck whichever you decide.

Trying to decide between both of these ships for a southern Caribbean cruise in November 2014. Looking at suites on both ships. Anyone have any insight into the differences between these two ships. Have travelled exclusively in the past with Royal Caribbean.

Having been on Both cruiselines and sister ships (Mariner OTS) and NCL Gem, I can definitely say Royal has waaaaay more to offer.

Take into consideration how many nights you are going, ports of call, and amenities on both ships. I always think about 1 question when I'm trying to help people decide.... which cruise would I take all over again??? Explorer (Mariner) or Pearl (Gem)???

Hands down, Explorer!!!

P.S::: no need to flame! we are trying to help people here; have a blessed sunday!

I have been on the Pearl and the NOS and all though our preference is RCL we really enjoyed our experience with NCL.. We skipped the MDR and just did the speciality restaurants which were very good, enjoyed the shows and the ship was nicely layed out..We would do another cruise on NCL if the price and the itinerary were right.

While I really really really wanted to like NCL and the Pearl, I would choose the Explorer of the Seas over the Pearl. The Explorer did have more to offer for entertainment and I felt, other than the buffet, the food was way better on the Explorer. The buffet wasn't bad on the Explorer, the Pearl just seemed to have more to offer.

I love the royal promenade and the ice shows were great. I thought the staff on both were friendly and helpful, but have more memorable moments on the Explorer. The pool area was more appealing and the solarium was great on the Explorer! And the café on the promenade was nice to stop at for an in between time snack...or late night snack and easy for an early morning coffee (free and self serve--coffee) on the Explorer.

However the Great Outdoors area on the Pearl for breakfast lunch and/or dinner was nice too. It offered unique outdoor aft buffet and seating and a bar too.

Which ever you choose, have a wonderful vacation, you will have a great time either way.