Sunshine Cloud 9 spa questions? pictures? reviews?

primadonut

We are considering the Sunshine for a cruise in January 2015, and I am looking for information about the spa. From what I have read in this forum, there is no Thalossotherapy pool (even though their spa price list says it is $20!?!). This is NOT a dealbreaker for me, I much prefer the thermal suite, but I guess, I am wondering how the Sunshine's thermal suite compares to the one on the Breeze? We had a spa room on the Breeze and LOVED the thermal suite and the rainforest shower which apparently the Sunshine also lacks?

Does anyone have photos of the steam rooms? A general review of the spa facilities? What were the staff like (we found them a bit cold on the Breeze, unless they thought we were going to buy something)? Has anyone tried to mud room? what is the shower in the mud room like? I did see the zydecocruiser photos but I guess I am looking for even more....I am really surprised that Carnival doesn't have any on their website...makes me wonder why...

We had a Spa Balcony cabin and used all 3 steam rooms, rainforest shower and heated loungers. It was wonderful. They make u give them ur S&S card in exchange for the VIP access card to get into the suite. There is no pool. It also came w a free dry scrub to be shared as a couple. My fav was the aroma steam room but hubby loved the heat in the oriental steam room best.

thanks it is great to hear that there is a rainforest shower! How large were the steam rooms/saunas? were they ever crowded? what was the decor like? Sorry so many questions, I just REALLY LOVED the spa on the Breeze :-D

The warm up steam room and oriental steam rooms are fairly large but the aroma steam room was small. The aroma room seemed to be popular and due to its size-Full quite often or at the times I came around. Nice modern decor w soothing music. The oriental was the hottest of all 3; unfortunately somebody complained about the heat n they reset all the rooms which made em not as steamy.

oh that's too bad, the aroma steam room was the biggest on the Breeze I think, but I DID notice that they only seemed to use the "aroma" on the first day....it was strange, the first time I used it it was amazing but then after that it wasn't nearly as strong

No Pool! That was a downer, but I enjoyed the rest of the options. Could not help but fall asleep on the heated lounge tables, sweated my behind off in all the saunas, and enjoyed a shower with all the options. I am so glad it is now co-ed the small ships seperate the sexes, troublesome for couples.

Zydeco, always has great pics.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineMay17/01Barcelona/index6.htm

Edited by Aeeo