Jewel-- First few hours Step by Step?

woocruiser3

We are cruising NCL Jewel later this month for first time...we've never cruised NCL before.

We like to get on the ship as soon as possible when we cruise. What time should we arrive at port an early general boarding time? And how does it work? Do they give you boarding numbers? Do we need to book a embarkation time ahead of time?

Where is the best place to have lunch for non-suite, non-concierge passengers?

What else should we do before staterooms open? How long does it take for luggage to get delivered typically?

Also is there a mini-bar/snacks in the staterooms? If so, what's the policy on having the stateroom attendant remove these items from the room? We never use them and find they take up space and I get sick of telling my kids "No" over and over.

What is the best place for dinner and what time?

Tsar's Palace MDR will be open for lunch when you get on the ship or the buffet or the pool deck grill. I don't remember if Blue Lagoon is open.

Your room steward can empty out the mini bar and will put the contents on the shelf above it.

Haven't been to port of NOLA, someone else will probably answer that part for you..

Hope that helps..

I just got off the Jewel today. We arrived at the port around 11am. There was a long line to get through security as there were only 2 X-ray lines. Once we got past security, it went pretty quick to the ship. We ate lunch at the garden cafe and sat down at the back of the ship at the great outdoors. A paddle wheeler was docked just down river and we could hear the calliope music. We got to our room around 1pm and the luggage arrived after muster. We enjoyed Tsar Palace the most.