Carnival Victory Wedding 4/15

jennip

I am new to this site. I am getting married in April 2015 on the Carnival Victory, and I have some questions. We purchased the "Welcome Aboard" package. I am looking to connect with others who have gotten married on this ship to help me.

1. Do we need to bring decorations, or do they decorate the wedding area for you?

2. I noticed the cruise line rents out tuxes, but there isn't a large selections of colors, but I am worried about flying, etc. with all of the tuxes. Did you carry your own or rent them from the cruise line?

3. What are you overall opinions of the experience as a whole, and any suggestions for us before our trip.

Thanks!

I was married on this ship this year and will happily answer any of your questions. Just let me know! We loved every single moment of it, start to finish. We were supposed to be married in the cigar lounge but that day found out they moved us to one of the lounges, which was fine with me, I was just happy to be there, lol. We did the 1.5 hour reception with Dj in the night club - just the right amount of time for our couple non-sailing guests to enjoy themselves. The food was amazing, the cake was outstanding, the drinks were flowing.

We didn't rent tuxes on the ship. We traveled with his suit, my dress, and three little girl dresses. My dress was a tiny bit wrinkled but nobody noticed except me. His suit was perfect and it was nice to have as he just wore it again on Elegant night with a different shirt.

You can bring some of your own decorations if you wish, I opted not to because I didn't want the hassle. What they provided in the ceremony was just fine to me, and honestly the rest of the ship provides the back drop for your pictures and theme. But, that option is totally there of you want it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you!

I thought the same about extra decorations being a hassle. We will already be paying quite a bit to have a couple of extra suitcases for just the flowers...as we have to fly with them as well.

Since I posted this, I have also decided against renting the tuxes from the cruise line also, mainly because they don't offer gray tuxes, and that is what I am wanting.

Also, another question I have is if the wedding is held in one of the lounges, it doesn't seem too much like a bar setting does it? Do they do a pretty good job of making it feel like a wedding and not just a bar?

I don't think we will have any non-sailing guests, as everybody plans to take the trip with us, but I know we are all looking forward to the open bar!!

If you are in the Ionian Cigar bar, obviously there is a "bar" there, but it does not feel like one at all, that area is actually quite gorgeous.

We were married in the Adriatic Sea Lounge which is one of the smaller show lounges, like where the comedians perform, so when I walked down the aisle I had to step up one or two stairs to be on a stage. I think there were 20 of is total and even though it's a big room, it was arranged to feel intimate and it was kind of cool being on a stage.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks so much for your help! Any other input you have about the experience is greatly appreciated. I want to make the most out of this experience, obviously! I think there will be about 20 of us as well, so probably pretty comparable to what you had.