Passport Invitations with Boarding Pass RSVP

abbaker82

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic looking invites! :) Did you DIY your invites? Or did you have a vendor do them for you? If you DIY, how did you or what did you use to print them out?

I'm DIY'ing my passport Save the Dates and looking for suggestions on printing them beyond using my inkjet printer at home or the temperamental laser printer at work.

I did boarding pass invitations/STD about 10 months before wedding (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1887960). I wanted everyone to have the main cruise info up front so they could save money or make arrangements, so it ended up being more of an invite than a STD. But, I am currently working on Passport invites (5 months until wedding) for an update mailing, hotel & travel info, and RSVP. This one will be more directed for the wedding itself, rather than the cruise info.

For my passport invites, which I am still working on, I plan to print my interior pages on laser printer at work. I like the smoothness of the laser printer over ink jet. Then I am using a rubber stamp on my cover with silver ink. I bought a custom passport logo rubber stamp on Etsy (I think it cost $30). I am using a dark blue, sparkly paper (same that I used for my boarding pass covers) for my covers, so it didn't work with printer. But, I like the look of the dark cover with silver stamp & writing.

I have seen a lot of people that have gone to print shop for printing, if you prefer that. Then you just do the design yourself and printing isn't too expensive. Or there are vendors on Etsy that can do the whole thing, design and all.