New Year on Oceana

aprilfool01

Has anyone any experience of New Year celebrations on Oceana - thinking of the 4 day cruise that takes in New Year. Many thanks for any help

We went in 2012 and had a great time. The ship couldn't get into Amsterdam due to the weather which was a great disappointment but in a way may have improved the NY celebrations, everyone was relaxed after a day at sea and the whole ship had a great atmosphere.

The only thing stopping us from booking it again is I don't think it could be as good again.

A tip, unless you want to queue for a NY eve dinner sitting book club not freedom dining.

Has anyone any experience of New Year celebrations on Oceana - thinking of the 4 day cruise that takes in New Year. Many thanks for any help

My brother in law was last year and he enjoyed it a lot. Good way to live New Year celebrations.

I am booked for next new years on oceana and was keen to see some reviews of nye just gone.

Can anyone reading this who was aboard, do a short review (i believe the ship was in amsterdam overnight ?)on here or other site

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I am booked for next new years on oceana and was keen to see some reviews of nye just gone.

Can anyone reading this who was aboard, do a short review (i believe the ship was in amsterdam overnight ?)on here or other site

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I was onboard! :D

A super time was had. :) Christmas decorations were still up. Party poppers, hats, balloons etc on New Year's Eve. The main meal was Scottish themed and just before midnight canapés were served. There were parties in 5 venues around the ship.

As for the itinerary, we had a long day in Zeebrugge and then overnight in Amsterdam. We sailed at 7am in the morning so the last day was a sea day.

It is something I would definitely do again. :)

I was onboard! :D

A super time was had. :) Christmas decorations were still up. Party poppers, hats, balloons etc on New Year's Eve. The main meal was Scottish themed and just before midnight canapés were served. There were parties in 5 venues around the ship.

As for the itinerary, we had a long day in Zeebrugge and then overnight in Amsterdam. We sailed at 7am in the morning so the last day was a sea day.

It is something I would definitely do again. :)

Quite apart from it being New Year's eve, that is a good itinerary :)