Ivar

pwillmo

I have tried to reach him and not been able to. We had set a date but since then no communication. I am getting cold feet. If you have used him please tell me about your experience and how you handled communicating with him.

Thanks,

I think he does both. I have seen reviews before on Trip Advisor by ones that went with Coral Breeze and he was their guide. During the same general time frame, there were privates by him.

We're signed up for a private but I am going to confirm a month out to be sure. I have 2 possible back ups if not.

Okay, I just received an email from him and he said that the private day was $450.00. That just sounds Way to much. We also go private and I have never never paid that kind of price.

I am going to have to do some quick thinking before we leave for our cruise.

Does that price sound right??? I am hoping someone who has used him will advise.

thanks,

paula

Okay, I just received an email from him and he said that the private day was $450.00. That just sounds Way to much. We also go private and I have never never paid that kind of price.

I am going to have to do some quick thinking before we leave for our cruise.

Does that price sound right??? I am hoping someone who has used him will advise.

thanks,

paula

We were quoted the same price, but for our family of 4, with the possible addition of a friend for my daughter, that works for us. The carnival excursion to shark ray alley is about 100 and it only has the 1 snorkeling stop, then to an island the rest of time. Ivars would be two stops and then flexible about stops for food. We think that is worth the extra for us.

• 4 weeks later...

You need to break down the cost per person to see how reasonable it is......we love "private" tours....and we have a big family...usually 4-6 kids and mom/dad - so we easily expect to pay between 400-600 for the day depending on what is included.

But even at a high of $600 the cost is $75 per person and we have a private driver, food, entrance fees.....I love that we can adjust the tour right in the middle if we find something interesting or discover somewhere we want to explore further (you could never do this in a group tour).

Most ship's tours run between $75-100 and you are very restricted to a group itinerary. Perhaps if it is just the two of you - you can find others who will want to make it a semi-private tour?

We booked with Coral Breeze for an Altun Ha tour a few years back with a private group of 14, Ivar was our guide and he was honestly the best tour guide EVER!

If you book with him you will have so much fun and learn so much! He is like a walking encyclopedia on all things Belize but funny and interesting at the same time.

On our most recent trip to Belize we wanted to do the Lamani Ruins and unfortunately that is not a tour he does so we booked through the cruise line, the entire time we were wishing we were with Ivar!