Nassau during Spring Break

Momto2cuteboys

We're making a stop in Nassau on our spring break cruise and are trying to find something fun to do with our kids - boys ages 10 & 7. Our major dilemma is that our ship (Carnival Pride) doesn't dock until around noon when we arrive. I know the boys would love to go to Atlantis, but with our timing it seems like it would be an overcrowded waste of time/money - by the time we got there lines would already be horrendous. I also looked into doing a swim with dolphins at Blue Lagoon - but again our times kind of make that seem like a waste since we'd basically do our swim and almost immediately have to leave because they close early. Maybe doing the beach day at Blue Lagoon - but is there anything to do in the evening with kids?

I've noticed day passes to Wyndham - would that be something younger kids would enjoy? Do they sell out of passes, again an issue with our late arrival? What about Junkanoo beach?

I would love some sort of boating excursion that allows the kids to at least see Atlantis - I think they would enjoy that, but I haven't seen anything like it.

We're having an incredibly cold winter, so I know they'll want to actually play in the water somewhere, so we aren't really interested in a driving tour....or shopping. ;)

We are trying to decide the same thing. We are sailing RCL Serenade to Nassau and our arrival is at 1:00 p.m. and departure is at midnight. Like you, I think Atlantis would be fun but a waste of money and time. I think I've decided to book day passes at either the Hilton or Sheraton because we can get to the beach and enjoy more quickly than the 40 minute ferry ride to Blue Lagoon. I've read reviews on both the Hilton and the Sheraton and both seem nice but we would have to take a bus or cab to the Sheraton and with all the talk of crime in Nassau, I'm a little nervous about taking my kids that far from the ship so I may just do the Hilton right by the port. I would love feedback too from anyone with recent experience!

We went to Atlantis last year during spring break, and it really wasn't too crowded....I was pleasantly surprised. Depending on when you are going (we are going on the April 6th cruise) there is only 1 other ship in port that day, so I don't think it should be too bad.

I don't believe you have to leave Atlantis at 4, that is just when the last shuttle leaves, you can take a taxi back on your own if you want to stay later

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app