Brief review of RCCL post cruise excursion in FLL

kely53

My daughter/bf just returned from a cruise and prior to them departing I posted a question on cruise critic inquiring if anyone had taken a post cruise excursion through RCCL. In particular I was curious about the Land and Sea or the Miami sightseeing. I believe there was one response re: the Land and Sea excursion. They opted for the Miami Sightseeing Tour as they preferred a double decker bus over a tour bus and there was supposed to be a walking tour.

They had to be ready to disembark the ship at 7:30am. They boarded the bus then they had to wait for passengers from other cruise ships. They started the tour around 9am. There was a guide on the bus as they were driving around. The bus did stop at South Beach and they were given 1 1/2 hours to walk around. There was no walking tour. At noon they reboarded the bus and headed to the Miami Airport where some passengers we dropped off. The passengers that were going to FLL also had to get off the bus, get their luggage and wait for a van to come get them. It took an hour for the van to come. Then they were taken to FLL airport. No air conditioning on the van made for a sweaty ride. They got to the airport at 1:50pm and everything was smooth getting checked in etc. In summary they would not take the tour again. They had a 4pm flight and wanted to kill some time. Had never taken a ship excursion as we have always used private tour operators. It wasn't terrible....just nothing they would repeat. Hope this helps if there is anyone wondering about the tour!!