Recent Belize Island Beach Break??

bamagrad92

I posted this question on the ports board but didn't get much response. Has anyone recently taken the Belize Island Beach Break? I hear that Bannister island was sold and maybe (?) it is now going to Water Caye? How was the island? Clean bathrooms? Shade areas? I have a DS(3) and DD(6), also with us are my two not-so-young in-laws. Looking for some low key nice beach time. Any opinions? Thank you in advance for advice!! Donna

We did this last year. Worse excursion ever. We went To Bannister. Entering the water was difficult, and the bottom was mucky at best, with some rocks. The floats were all ripped in half, and the chairs where terribly horrible. We saw several people fall right though them. We ended up complaining when we returned to the ship and were refunded 1/2 price and compensated with bottle of wine. I would not call this a beach break!

Went to Water Caye in January through Carnival. It was absolutely wonderful! Everything was so clean and employees were very nice.
They had a bar/restaurant- we just had nachos, just okay.
They had snorkel equipment to borrow, volleyball, great beach-very long, life vests for use, great loungers, band playing music and recorded music, showers, souvineer store, even had lifeguards! Plenty of shade.
Beware for the in-laws, it's a long walk to the restrooms, but mostly on a boardwalk.
I would definitely recommend them! You would have a great time!

PS. Ours included a snorkel portion. We went first to the Caye to get equipment, then 5 minute boat ride to the reef. Water was somewhat cloudy, so color was diminished, but it was very fun! We were in the water an hour. It was a little crowded at times, bumping into other snorkelers. The staff was fantastic, and safety was absolutely number one. Water was 15-30 feet deep with lots of coral and many different kinds of fish. The guide would bring things up for us to touch like a sea urchin and starfish, and would point out cool things in the water.

[quote name='bamagrad92']I posted this question on the ports board but didn't get much response. Has anyone recently taken the Belize Island Beach Break? I hear that Bannister island was sold and maybe (?) it is now going to Water Caye? How was the island? Clean bathrooms? Shade areas? I have a DS(3) and DD(6), also with us are my two not-so-young in-laws. Looking for some low key nice beach time. Any opinions? Thank you in advance for advice!! Donna[/quote]

I can't comment on a beach break in Belize since we did an airboat ride there on our recent Jewel cruise. But I can tell you that if you are stopping in Roatan that Tabayana beach is absolutely beautiful. It's great for either swimming (clear water, sandy bottom) or snorkeling. Or just lounging. If you don't have anything else planned for Roatan, you might want to make that your beach day.