Measles on board the Costa Pacifica

cokj72

about 60 members of 'crew landed measles from the Costa Pacifica

Costa Cruises press release:

"Genova, 27 febbraio - In riferimento a quanto riportato dall'agenzia ANSA, Costa Crociere precisa che a bordo di Costa Pacifica sono stati riscontrati alcuni casi sospetti di morbillo tra i membri d'equipaggio. Nessun caso sospetto riguarda i passeggeri che si trovano a bordo, e nessun passeggero è stato sbarcato o ricoverato. Tutti i membri dell'equipaggio che presentano sintomi sono stati sbarcati e isolati, seguendo le procedure igieniche e sanitarie previste, in collaborazione con le autorità sanitarie competenti. Tutti i passeggeri sono stati opportunamente informati della situazione da parte del Comandante della nave. La crociera sta proseguendo regolarmente secondo il programma previsto. Costa Crociere adotta misure severe a bordo di tutte le sue navi al fine di assicurare i migliori standard di igiene e sicurezza, sia per i passeggeri che per l'equipaggio. I protocolli sanitari previsti in questi casi sono stati immediatamente applicati in stretta collaborazione con le autorità."

Translation with Bing:

Costa Cruises press release:

"Genova, February 27-In reference to what is reported by the ANSA Agency, States that Costa Cruises aboard Pacific coast were found some suspected cases of measles among the crew members. No suspicion for passengers who are on board, and no passenger was unloaded or hospitalized. All crew members with symptoms were landed and isolated, in accordance with health and hygiene procedures, in collaboration with the competent health authorities. All passengers were properly informed of the situation by the ship's captain. The cruise is going smoothly according to plan. Costa Crociere adopts tough measures aboard all its ships in order to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and safety, both for passengers and the crew. Health protocols provided for in these cases were immediately implemented in close collaboration with the authorities. "

We were on board during the measles outbreak, we felt it was handled well and that we were kept informed of all developments . Felt sorry for those staff that were removed though!