4/23/15 wedding in Grand Turk on CCL

We are getting married at Osprey Beach in Grand Turk in 2015. We are trying to decide between a reception on the Island or back on the boat. I love the Island so I hate to bring all the guests back on the boat but.... I have no idea what time my wedding will be. Any suggestions on what I should do? Please help :confused:

We are getting married at Osprey Beach in Grand Turk in 2015. We are trying to decide between a reception on the Island or back on the boat. I love the Island so I hate to bring all the guests back on the boat but.... I have no idea what time my wedding will be. Any suggestions on what I should do? Please help :confused:

I can tell you that Carnival does not cater to receptions on land. In order to have your wedding reception on the island, you will have to find an on-island business that does so, maybe Osprey Beach hotel can help you with that request. The tricky part of that idea (which I had myself) is that everything is up in the air. The ship may be delayed on its arrival to the port, or the ship may be scheduled to leave soon after the ceremony. Unfortunately, the scheduled time of the ceremony will not be known until about 3 weeks out from your wedding date.

Instead, I opted to have the ceremony on the island then have the reception onboard. By doing so, I can guarantee that my guests will not miss the ship due to being too intox or feeling the stress of having to hurry to the ship after the reception ;) Also, by having the ceremony on the island and the reception onboard, gives me a chance to get a variety of wedding photos of the beach, as well as the ship.

I hope I have helped you somewhat :)

• 4 months later...

Instead, I opted to have the ceremony on the island then have the reception onboard. By doing so, I can guarantee that my guests will not miss the ship due to being too intox or feeling the stress of having to hurry to the ship after the reception ;) Also, by having the ceremony on the island and the reception onboard, gives me a chance to get a variety of wedding photos of the beach, as well as the ship.

I hope I have helped you somewhat :)

How much $$ is the 1 hour reception back on the boat after the wedding on the island? I'm having a hard time finding a price list for that.

How much $$ is the 1 hour reception back on the boat after the wedding on the island? I'm having a hard time finding a price list for that.

Lauraally, I'm not sure what the price is for an hour reception. I would call Carnival's Wedding department to get that information. I paid $950 for the 2 hour reception; so I'm going to guess it's going to cost less than that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also have opted to have the ceremony on the island (12/19/14) then have the reception onboard. Onboard reception prices 1 hr $650; 1.5 hr $800; 2 hr $950.

ALL packages accommodates 20 people, open bar with hot & cold hors d'oeuvers, two tier wedding cake. 1.5 hr & 2 hr packages include a ice sculpture.

Thank you so much!

I want to do the same. How did you phrase your invitations?

I also have opted to have the ceremony on the island (12/19/14) then have the reception onboard. Onboard reception prices 1 hr $650; 1.5 hr $800; 2 hr $950.

ALL packages accommodates 20 people, open bar with hot & cold hors d'oeuvers, two tier wedding cake. 1.5 hr & 2 hr packages include a ice sculpture.

I will warn you if you planning your wedding with Royal Caribbean (royal romance) and it's on the beach, they told me I couldn't have my wedding before 6pm because it would be too hot, I tried to explain I was okay with the heat and it wouldn't be that hot, but the only other option they would give me was 10am or have it on the ship, I was pissed, I really want 2pm. Note my wedding is in September 2014 in Bermuda, high is low 80s then. They also told me no tables were allowed on the beach for a reception, it's all good it's all working out for the better now, I'm having my wedding at 10am and reception on a private glass bottom boat. I couldn't do the cruise ship because I have non-sailing guest that wouldn't be able to board the cruise ship if I had the reception on it. Check out my post on the link below to read more about it. And congrats!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43334729#post43334729

Edited by pmoorefi
Typing error

Thank you so much!

I did not send out invitations since my wedding is a small intimate gatherings for our closest friends and family. However, I created a wedding website at mywedding.com which detailed the wedding details along with cruise intinerary and accomidations.

Thank you so much!

I did a postcard theme for my invite, it's attached. I didn't put all the information on it, I listed most of it on my website.