Travel Insurance.

Has anyone made a claim through Covermore or Australia Post Insurance and if the claim was satisfactory. The Issuer of these two are Great Lakes UK operating here as Great Lakes Australia. I am thinking of using one of them for next cruise.

Jfadra.

Edited by jfadra
to add something more

Has anyone made a claim through Covermore or Australia Post Insurance and if the claim was satisfactory. The Issuer of these two are Great Lakes UK operating here as Great Lakes Australia. I am thinking of using one of them for next cruise.

Jfadra.

We always go through Covermore and have only had good dealings with them. They cover me for pre existing (Meniere's Disease) where it can strike at any time, so gives absolute peace of mind!

A good option for those 70 plus is the travel insurance you can get as members of Probus. I know it can be tricky to get insurance if you are over 75 without paying massive premiums. My mother lost a bag completerly and forever- courtesy of BA last trip and she had no trouble with the claim which amounted to thousands. I lost a purse and a camera on the same ill-starred trip and had to fight Southern Cross travel- the highest ranked on the site mentioned- to get them to pay anything! Jennie

I have gone with covermore annual cover which covers domestic travel in Australia as well (annual type only does domestic). Most of the big travel agencies like flight centre use them and they have specific cruise cover so this is what helped me decide. The domestic cover was a big bonus as my hotel and domestic connecting flights were also insured. If you have specific larger valuables make sure you list them for extra cover, as there is limits to various types of items for all the insurance companies. If you plan on hiring scooters or something similar make sure you select these also as they will not cover normally unless you chose this option (speaking from experience my sister was not covered for scooters and was in a bad accident and was unable to claim it).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used Covermore before on my last overseas holiday to New Zealand they it took about five days after making the claim that the money was paid out and when another invoice arrived I simply sent it to them and they paid the company direct.

I am using Australia Post Travel Insurance for our up coming trip, is a lot cheaper than what Covermore was $50 with Aus Post for 10 days with $100 excess compared to $120 for 11 days with Covermore with $0 excess, the best thing to do is read through the policy and all of its wording that is where most people get caught out read the fine print and remember that once you are back here in Australia no medical costs are covered it is only while you are overseas, this applies to whatever travel insurance company you use. If you don't understand something in the policy ask about it.