Need advice on Reflection cabin selection

cruiserang

We will be cruising on the Celebrity Reflection June 23, 2014 to the Eastern Med. and I would love some advice before I finalize our cabin selection. We are a family of six (my husband and I are mid 40's, sons 20 and 19, daughters 15, 13) and need two rooms so I need to decide between the 3 options that are currently available, any advice on what might be best would be greatly appreciated:)!

Here are our 3 cabin options:

1. Deck 7- S1 aft corner suite (7309) and the connecting sunset veranda aft stateroom (7311) (these would connect on the interior and also on the balcony I believe)

2. Deck 12- S1 aft corner suite (2208) and celebrity suite next door (2206) (they won't connect on the interior or on the balcony)

3. Deck 12-two side by side S2 sky suites (2182,2184 not connecting but I believe we can connect balconies on these) mid deck on deck 12

My questions are:

-the Deck 7 option sounds the best option since we get one S1 corner suite and a connecting room, but will the Deck 7 suite be as large as the deck 12 suite? Is Deck 7 too low or will it still have a nice feel to it?

-Is the 12th floor more desirable since it is higher and possibly larger (on the brochure deck plan the Deck 12 S1 suites look larger than the deck 7 S1 suites)?

-Will Deck 12 be too noisy being under the restaurant?

-Are the aft cabins good or is there a problem with them? Just wondering why they are still available this late in the game:) If there are problems maybe we should jut do the mid ship S2 suites on Deck 12?

-Would there be any dining reservation issues if one of our rooms is a Sky Suite and the other just a Sunset Veranda Stateroom?

Thank you for any advice you can give me! We are so excited about the cruise, we haven't cruised in 12 years and this will be our first ever cruise with Celebrity!

-Angela

We will be cruising on the Celebrity Reflection June 23, 2014 to the Eastern Med. and I would love some advice before I finalize our cabin selection. We are a family of six (my husband and I are mid 40's, sons 20 and 19, daughters 15, 13) and need two rooms so I need to decide between the 3 options that are currently available, any advice on what might be best would be greatly appreciated:)!

Here are our 3 cabin options:

1. Deck 7- S1 aft corner suite (7309) and the connecting sunset veranda aft stateroom (7311) (these would connect on the interior and also on the balcony I believe)

2. Deck 12- S1 aft corner suite (2208) and celebrity suite next door (2206) (they won't connect on the interior or on the balcony)

3. Deck 12-two side by side S2 sky suites (2182,2184 not connecting but I believe we can connect balconies on these) mid deck on deck 12

My questions are:

-the Deck 7 option sounds the best option since we get one S1 corner suite and a connecting room, but will the Deck 7 suite be as large as the deck 12 suite? Is Deck 7 too low or will it still have a nice feel to it?

-Is the 12th floor more desirable since it is higher and possibly larger (on the brochure deck plan the Deck 12 S1 suites look larger than the deck 7 S1 suites)?

-Will Deck 12 be too noisy being under the restaurant?

-Are the aft cabins good or is there a problem with them? Just wondering why they are still available this late in the game:) If there are problems maybe we should jut do the mid ship S2 suites on Deck 12?

-Would there be any dining reservation issues if one of our rooms is a Sky Suite and the other just a Sunset Veranda Stateroom?

Thank you for any advice you can give me! We are so excited about the cruise, we haven't cruised in 12 years and this will be our first ever cruise with Celebrity!

-Angela

Hello Angela,

Both choices (7309-7311 and 2206-2208) have the same size: 494 square feet excluding balconies. Your third choice (2182-2184) has 600 square feet. It is definitely bigger.

The 12th floor is not what I would select because you will be under pool area and you will hear noises from pool chairs or music or else. After more than 25 cruises, and having done one of 35 days in a stateroom located like 7309, I would not hesitate to book it. Deck 7 is between to decks of stateroom only insuring you of a quiet location.

What you have to decide: is location is more important than space. Enjoy your cruise.

Mercedes

Thanks for the advice!

Are the S1 Sky Suites larger than the S2 Sky Suites? They appear to be larger on the deck plan but they don't state there's a difference in sq footage on the suite description in the brochure.

We had a deck 8 corner S1 and loved the location. Looking up at the floors above 9 or 10 we preferred ours for the med cruise. You'll have a terrific time - our favorite cruise and ship thus far!!!!

We have sailed on Reflection twice and both times have booked cabin 7241. It has the largest balcony on the hump and if you book side by side you can open the balcony dividers up and have a really large area for your group. Deck seven right by the elevators is great because that is where you will get on and off the ship when you are in port. Also it is easy to get to the dining room, oceanview cafe, cafe bacio - with the midship location and being on the seventh floor you can either use the elevators or the stairs. You never need to walk down a corridor of rooms and you are right next to the Hideaway,