Wedding favors?

We did stemless wine glasses [ATTACH]313376[/ATTACH]

They were classy & simple 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you get these favors from? Did the cruise line give you a hard time about the "glass" ? I'm getting married on Carnival Breeze, not sure if they don't let you take glass or not.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

for our wedding in Miami in September we ordered wayfarer sunglasses in several different colors with our names and wedding date on the side. It seemed like a cool beachy thing to do. it was about $70 for 35 pairs of sunglasses. made a neat little sign that says "Love can be blinding....Grab a pair of sunglasses". :cool:

We are having a fairly small wedding...about 30 guests, so I am doing things a little differently. I'm getting some totes and having them personalized to say our names and the date on them. I plan to do one bag per family/couple and then we will have a basket of sunglasses in a variety of styles (I found them in bulk on Amazon for $52 for 50ish pairs), a basket of flip flops in a variety of sizes (I ordered those in bulk from the dollar store for $1 each) and a basket with tubes of sunblock (also from the dollar store). On the sunblock I put a sticker with our monogram on them. Anyway, I decided not to personalize everything because I want people to actually wear the sunglasses and flip flops, if I'm going to spend the money on this stuff, I want them to be used. Total price for everything was less than $150, and we've received way more than that on our honeymoon registry so I figure we come out ahead anyway.

Imaginationcruisebride,

Did you do honeymoon registry on Carnival Website? My wedding will be small too, I didn't register anywhere, but people being ask for it.

Imaginationcruisebride,

Did you do honeymoon registry on Carnival Website? My wedding will be small too, I didn't register anywhere, but people being ask for it.

Yes I did the Carnival registry. We used the entire webpage set up. We have several older relatives who won't be attending but they loved the idea of giving us the gift of an excursion or drinks or photos. It costs nothing to do and it's fun and the website is nice, you put pictures and your story and everything.

Great! Do you know if the "photos" option apply also for the wedding album? Thank you very much for sharing all this good information!

It's basically everything that your Sign and Sail card is used for. There is also an option for help paying for your wedding that gets sent to your bank account, but that felt a little tacky to me, so we didn't do that.

• 4 weeks later...

I found some cute wooden mini treasure chest looking things, which I'm thinking about filling with little seashells, gold foil covered chocolates and rum balls/liquor filed chocolate bottles.

I think this would be a really cute favor if I can find everything for a decent price.

• 2 months later...
I found some cute wooden mini treasure chest looking things, which I'm thinking about filling with little seashells, gold foil covered chocolates and rum balls/liquor filed chocolate bottles.

I think this would be a really cute favor if I can find everything for a decent price.

Here's the finished product! They were a lot of work, but I'm very pleased with how they turned out :)

Favor.1.jpg.0dae98bc89d9b94d6ba961270e6e23c8.jpg

Favor.2.jpg.0e8d89a1aa62a5c222d0a5220c6cce90.jpg

Here's the finished product! They were a lot of work, but I'm very pleased with how they turned out :)

We have also been considering this idea. Did you buy or make your treasure chests. I saw some at Michaels but without the gold details. We were going to buy and stain them to get the dark brown similar to yours

I'd love to know where you purchased the chests. Finished or unfinished. Thank you!

We have also been considering this idea. Did you buy or make your treasure chests. I saw some at Michaels but without the gold details. We were going to buy and stain them to get the dark brown similar to yours

I'd love to know where you purchased the chests. Finished or unfinished. Thank you!

We bought the unfinished chests at Michaels. We had to go to several stores to get enough of the ones we wanted. I stained them with Rustoleum Early American stain, which came in a tube and was thick like paint. One coat did it. I then accented them with gold leaf paint, also bought at Michaels, and painted the bottom of the insides with navy blue acrylic paint (our colors are navy blue and gold). I finished them off with the personalized "thank you" stickers in our colors, and filled them with personalized chocolate coins. It was a lot of work, but we're happy with them. We're not doing OOT bags, and we wanted to give our guests something unique and special to remember the day. I hope they like them as much as we do.

There are some etsy sellers who sell painted chests, and I've seen finished chests for sale by online retailers, but they were expensive, and I wanted to do my own thing. The only downfall is that no one knew I could be crafty, so I have now been recruited to work on Christmas crafts at work :eek::rolleyes: