Balcony for Oc View price

Tropical PJ

I booked early saver on a balcony and picked my own cabin, does anyone know if I can get the difference as OBC??

The special right now is get a balcony for the price of an ocean view but you have to let Carnival pick your cabin.

I am happy with our cabin on empress deck and my kids are just across the hall, so I don't want to be moved but does anyone know if they will give me an OBC??

Appreciate any advice??

In my experience, you'd have to give up your room. Allowing them to pick is a different category and you have to match category to category. I have seen it work if you allow carnival to pick your room. Couldn't hurt to call, though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did you call and how did this work out for you if you did?

I have a similar situation. It looks like it will save me around $260. My problem is I am booked in an 8C and it looks like some of those are on the Verandah Deck under the aft deck pool. Not sure I want to be back there.

Early saver = choosing your cabin & must match to that cabin category for obc.

Balcony sale @ OV = Carnival assigns cabin prior to sailing. It's like booking a balcony guarantee or pack & go. Early saver cannot be matched.

I had no luck they said its for new bookings only, I find that sad.

I don't know that I will ever book early saver again...so many restrictions.

I booked an inside also for my kids and as of today they could have had a balcony with that special for $10 LESS than what we paid for an inside....really feel shafted:(

For some reason there has been one problem after another with this sailing I booked....first was told I could get the suite for $133 more than the balcony so I re-confirmed $133 total difference not per person as we were 4. I was again told no its in total so a no brainer I said I will take the suite...only to find out the next morning by a friend who tried booking that it was a difference of $840!!!

When I called in I was told early saver I cannot change....in the end I beleive they knew it was possible the agent made an error so they allowed us to change to a regular balcony.

Last weekend I called in to see if I qualified for a price reduction after seeing a special...the agent told me no but that I should pay my air in full because it would lock in the price...again repeated this saying how come no one ever told me this in previous cruises....so I said well I guess I better pay it in full $2076. She then said after taking the payment her system is down and perhaps I should call back in an hour to see if maybe i can get the price reduction. I waited an hour and did just that...only to find out that I did not lock my airfare price in....in fact if I changed promotions or cabins I would indeed pay the higher price of air for that day....so I asked why did she tell me to pay the air in full....I didn't need to do this until 30 days prior to sailing.

Very disappointed that people are uncertain but do not verify with a supervisor before telling you something.

Not a happy camper today!

I had no luck they said its for new bookings only, I find that sad.

I don't know that I will ever book early saver again...so many restrictions.

I booked an inside also for my kids and as of today they could have had a balcony with that special for $10 LESS than what we paid for an inside....really feel shafted:(

For some reason there has been one problem after another with this sailing I booked....first was told I could get the suite for $133 more than the balcony so I re-confirmed $133 total difference not per person as we were 4. I was again told no its in total so a no brainer I said I will take the suite...only to find out the next morning by a friend who tried booking that it was a difference of $840!!!

When I called in I was told early saver I cannot change....in the end I beleive they knew it was possible the agent made an error so they allowed us to change to a regular balcony.

Last weekend I called in to see if I qualified for a price reduction after seeing a special...the agent told me no but that I should pay my air in full because it would lock in the price...again repeated this saying how come no one ever told me this in previous cruises....so I said well I guess I better pay it in full $2076. She then said after taking the payment her system is down and perhaps I should call back in an hour to see if maybe i can get the price reduction. I waited an hour and did just that...only to find out that I did not lock my airfare price in....in fact if I changed promotions or cabins I would indeed pay the higher price of air for that day....so I asked why did she tell me to pay the air in full....I didn't need to do this until 30 days prior to sailing.

Very disappointed that people are uncertain but do not verify with a supervisor before telling you something.

Not a happy camper today!

I'm sure you're not the only one feeling this way today. It's frustrating to see prices drop and not be able to take advantage of that. I'm in the same position...I've paid for 3 balcony cabins and right now this latest sale is $500 less per cabin ($1500. total!!). The only consolation I can offer is - we've each picked our exact location and this sale means Carnival could put you on deck 6, your second cabin on a different deck no where near you.

And since you've had multiple issues and see you're from Montreal - needing air etc., I wonder if it might be beneficial for you to have a PVP ... that way all your questions, upgrades, payments etc would be handled by one specific person.

My experience has been that any "sale" carnival has it not really a sale at all. There always seems to be an exclusion or up charge somewhere else that stops it from benefiting.

I just posted this to another Early Saver question.

These are the rules from the Carnival website:

What is the price protection assurance feature with Early Saver?

If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Early Saver guests are not eligible to be protected on the following programs: Super Saver, Instant Saver or any other program that does not allow cabin selection at the time of booking. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

The red highlighted (my emphasis) explains the answer to your question.

I recently booked my first Early Saver cruise for November. I booked it without reading ALL the rules. MY BAD!!!

I agree with you on this. I checked my e mail re: the big sale and the balcony for an OV price was about $400 higher than our last cruise I booked myself with no sale...

My experience has been that any "sale" carnival has it not really a sale at all. There always seems to be an exclusion or up charge somewhere else that stops it from benefiting.

My wife had an vifp offer for 100 obc if we booked through it so I looked to see about switching our booking to it and the price was 100 more than what we were booked but came with obc so it washed even..... Great reward huh?