Ziplinine Belize vs Roatan

love4god

My family and I are heading out Saturday on a 7 night West Carr on the Carnival Liberty.

We were going to cave tub in Belize and then zip line in Roatan (with snorkeling after in Tabyana). It looks like the Roatan zip lining is really awesome, however, we just booked a fishing/snorkel charter in Cozumel that looks great but is going to seriously dent the budget.

So we find ourselves in a place where we need to cut something somewhere.

The company in Belize will add zip lining to the cave tubing trip for $20pp. This is $100 total to add cave tubing. We're thinking of not doing the Roatan trip (saving $325) and just getting a car for about $100-$125 for the entire day. We have our snorkel gear and we'll head out to Tabyana and maybe stop by and see Victor Bodden's monkeys for $5/each. So this saves us about $200 and we get to still snorkel in Roatan.

That $200 savings means zip lining in Belize instead of Roatan.

Has anyone done this, is this a decent trade off? Part of me thinks the Roatan zips looks AMAZING and we would be missing out, but the other part of me thinks zip lining is zip lining and we'll still get the experience and stay within our budget (which allows us to do other things).

Yes I was wondering the same thing too whether to zipline in Belize OR Roatan??? I have too seen through my internet searches & reviews that the ziplines in Roatan look longer & more exciting....does anyone know if this is true and what company they booked with. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

We zip lined in Roatan with Christopher tours. It was bucket list amazing and we have it booked again in Dec. The prices are very reasonable and you may be able to cave tube in Belize and zip and beach in Roatan.

I also wouldn't recommend getting a car and going on your own in Roatan. There has been some crime and scary things happening there to cruise passengers. You can search it on the boards. I feel better being with a tour guide. I never felt un-safe with or driver. He took care of us like family.

Edited by MichelleChell