Beach, Overwater, or Hillside on Labadee for Kids?

Hydrophilic

Assuming that there are still cabanas available on our upcoming cruise... Which cabanas would be best for a family with two children (ages 7 and 6)? Ideally, we would like a cabana that would allow us to keep an eye on our kids while they are in the water and playing in the sand. Which cabana "type" would be best? Thank you!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, I am looking at the non-suite beach (We are just "commoners", after all. Perhaps one day we will rise to the suite life.) Thank you for your input. I will go with a beach cabana. 😀

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

We were on a B2B in April and spent the day at Labadee. Initially we wanted to get a cabana on Nellie's, but they were all taken. Against CC advice, we got a cabana on Adrenaline Beach.

We. Couldn't. Have. Been. Happier.

I have read all of the complaints about how rocky the coral beach is...Granted, it is not powder fine sand, but I didn't "cut my feet" and the sand wasn't "so rough you can't even walk on it" as many said. Added bonus, my five year old had an absolute *ball* lining the outside of the cabana with the treasures she found (coral and seashells).

The whole cabana is essentially a big cushioned couch with a sheer-ish curtain draping it. It was extremely comfortable and accommodated our party of six quite well as at least one of us always favored the sunshine at any given time. There was, of course, floating mats included. There was also a cooler filled with ice and Evian.

Another added bonus, we were only a couple of hundred feet away from the Mountain Coaster, which my five year old daughter, 19 year old stepdaughter, and I road over (and over) all morning long until the lines started to develop.

Later on, when my stepdaughter decided that she really wanted to ride the Dragon's Breath Flight Line (and what self respecting stepmother who is petrified of heights *wouldn't* go on the world's longest zipline over water to bond with her girl) the family had a prime viewing spot of the two of us soaring through the sky. (It was really fun throughout the day watching people, actually.)

My advice on Adrenaline cabanas would be to go for the one aaaaall the way down the beach. Show up early and don't let them tell you where you will be. They assign them as you show up, so come first and pick what you want! The farther down the beach you go, the less people will show up and put up chairs near you. We actually staked out some sand in front of the cabana with beach chairs and sand toys so that we could have the space.

All in all though, if I were to go back, I would definitely chose Adrenaline Beach over the Nellie's. I don't like the looks of the Nellie's ones; they look like they were plopped on otherwise unusable territory to make use of the space. I loved the breezy openness of the Adrenaline cabanas. It was like being on an island paradise...Wait, it was being on an island paradise :D