Christmas Day

cruiserjt

I have searched this forum and it appears much of the shops will be closed for Christmas Day - honestly I am happy that those who work in these areas can enjoy their day off. I am thinking that we will just wander off the ship (arrive at 8AM) and walk around the port - I have three questions -

I saw a link here once about a self guided walking tour of the city and now cannot find it - any links or ideas?

What is the culture of Curacao in regards to Christmas - I once read that the island residents are primarily Catholic / Christian. Having grown up Catholic - I wouldn't mind just being part of Christmas Day on the Island. Any ideas?

Should we venture in a taxi - without a plan would it be $$?
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
yes the island is predominately catholic - 1 English speaking church on the Island - closish to port
Not sure where to get online map - but normally the tourist info booth is open opposite the floating bridge which has great free booklets incl 3 walking tours
These are great - just be a bit careful of bags in the small alley ways - but so far I've not had any problems touting a large camera around

[quote name='cruiserjt']
I saw a link here once about a self guided walking tour of the city and now cannot find it - any links or ideas?

[/quote]

You will find the DIY walking tour of the downtown area on [URL]https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/611195735624780/611696598908027/[/URL]. It is safe, but don't wander alone in the back alleys and stay in the ship area when it gets dark.
Have a wonderful day in Curacao.