Lobster Dinner?

My apologies as I am new to these boards and it is my first time cruising on NCL. We are going on the Jewel to Alaska on May 31st, I read something about a lobster dinner night? Is this always on the first evening of the cruise? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends on the ship.

When I was on the Jewel I recall we had lobster in one of the early days

On the Breakaway - they don't do lobster in MDR - it's one of the (first few) days at the Garden Cafe/buffet for dinner.

I'd check the day you get on the ship

Edited by nycmode

My apologies as I am new to these boards and it is my first time cruising on NCL. We are going on the Jewel to Alaska on May 31st, I read something about a lobster dinner night? Is this always on the first evening of the cruise? Thanks for the help!

Although it is often the first night it isn't always. On our Panama Canal cruise on the Star it was up to the chef and was held on one of the last nights of the cruise.

Thank you both so much for the information! I'm trying to make dining reservations at speciality restaurants and want to make sure we don't miss out on lobster night! :)

Thank you both so much for the information! I'm trying to make dining reservations at speciality restaurants and want to make sure we don't miss out on lobster night! :)

I'd just reserve what you want in advance and then as soon as you get on the ship - find out which night is lobster night and make adjustments as needed (that's what we do).

The good thing about the Breakaway is that it's AYCE lobster at the Garden Cafe lol. (I think everyone only ate lobster tails that night :eek:)

I have been on the Jewel on three completely booked sailings. There was never a problem getting in to a specialty restaurant - even walking up and being seated. The only issue is the hibachi place which has limited seating but even then we were able to get in one night.

I'd just reserve what you want in advance and then as soon as you get on the ship - find out which night is lobster night and make adjustments as needed (that's what we do).

The good thing about the Breakaway is that it's AYCE lobster at the Garden Cafe lol. (I think everyone only ate lobster tails that night :eek:)

So when is lobster night on the Breakaway?

So when is lobster night on the Breakaway?

For my March sailing we had it on the second night of the trip (the first night was Prime Rib). Same deal for my friend who sailed 3 weeks after me in April.

Not sure if this changed when they swapped to the Bermuda itinerary last week.

Note this is in the Garden Cafe - not MDR

Edited by nycmode
typo

Although it is often the first night it isn't always. On our Panama Canal cruise on the Star it was up to the chef and was held on one of the last nights of the cruise.

Mary, when are you and Joe taking your next cruise? You're gonna forget what a ship looks like, hahaha. I haven't seen Joe at the smoke shop lately. Is everything okay. I'm leaving Deming next wed, 5/14 for boston. I will be on another ncl trip in sept. (gem) See you around town when I get back in Oct....... R.A. and the gato negro. Take care.:D ps....Happy Mom's day!!!