Beach Suggestion for Short Split Stay

We will only be docked in Split from 11:00-18:00. This will be our last stop and after many tours of museums and ruins, we thought some beach time for our kids (13,15,16) might be nice. So, after checking out Diocletian's Palace we'd like to head to a beach for a few hours. There's not enough time to take the ferry to one of the islands, so I'm looking for any recommendations of nice beaches within a short bus/cab ride of Split.

Bacvice beach is within 15 minutes walking distance, or you can take a taxi to take you to the Trstenik beach in front of the Radisson Blu hotel (5 minutes drive). I suggest you not to miss Diocletian palace, it's the only place in the world where people still live inside the roman ruins.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

or you can take a taxi to take you to the Trstenik beach in front of the Radisson Blu hotel (5 minutes drive).

Are there taxis near the palace area that can take 5 people? How hard would it be to get a taxi for 5 back to the ship from Trstenik beach? Thanks for the help!

I hope you can find mini van taxi in the port, but there is no taxi station at the beach. Maybe you can ask the driver to come back at appointed time. Or you can take a public bus no. 17.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk