GSC cabana $50 credit question

kddy

I know that there is a $50 food and drink credit given with cabana rental, and a special menu is given for food and alcohol a couple of days before GSC day to pre-order. My question is do you have to use the menu and pre-order, or can you use the credit at the bar on the island? Also, do they sell the buckets of beer?

This sounds like a silly question, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

On our December Pearl cruise, I booked the small cabana and had the $50 food and beverage credit. We didn't want any food. . .the chips and three types of salsa they provided were enough, plus the beach BBQ.

As for the pre-order drinks menu, I don't drink alcohol so that was also out. We went to the excursion desk and asked your exact question. We were told we could use the credit for bar service on the island.

We ended up ordering 1 alcoholic and 3 non-alcoholic frou frou drinks and had a little less than $25 left over. The cabanas already have bottles of water in them. We were on the last tender back, and our bar server had already cashed out. When we got back on the ship, we went to the reception area and had the remaining money credited to his account. It took awhile for them to figure out how to get it done, but they did it.

Hope this helps. I would ask before you leave for GSC in case anything has changed with this policy.

Edited by Mrs. Squirrel