Carnival Miracle - refund of taxes/fees for missed ports?

TXAlex

Hey all!

Has anyone heard or does anyone know about how Carnival is going about refunding the port fees and taxes associated with the Ketchikan stop that we are missing due to the mechanical issues? Possibly how much it's going to be, too?

Thanks!

$50. Per person on board credit and 25% off a future cruise.

No, this is beyond that. I was told that on top of those (which are just freebies for inconvenience) we get port fees for Ketchikan refunded back to us, since the ship isn't going there anymore. I just don't know if it's supposed to go back on my card or it will be onboard credit.

Edited by TXAlex

No, this is beyond that. I was told that on top of those (which are just freebies for inconvenience) we get port fees for Ketchikan refunded back to us, since the ship isn't going there anymore. I just don't know if it's supposed to go back on my card or it will be onboard credit.

Should be OBC as it appears you are already paid in full. (checked your sig)

Granted I was on RCI but we missed a port due to a hurricane in 2012 but the refund for missed port fees was added to our on board account as OBC. The port fee was in addition to additional OBC for the inconvenience.

I hope Carnival is as generous to you as RCI was to its guests.

Granted I was on RCI but we missed a port due to a hurricane in 2012 but the refund for missed port fees was added to our on board account as OBC. The port fee was in addition to additional OBC for the inconvenience.

We missed Kona on our last cruise due to high sea's, was a tender port. I believe they refunded around $10 pp as OBC. A couple extra DOD's onboard.

Hey all!

Has anyone heard or does anyone know about how Carnival is going about refunding the port fees and taxes associated with the Ketchikan stop that we are missing due to the mechanical issues? Possibly how much it's going to be, too?

Thanks!

I don't have my sail and sign ledger in front of me, but there was definitely a refund in addition to the $50pp OBC. If memory serves it was ~$33pp.

We sailed 5/27 and missed Ketchikan.

Thanks for the info! Carnival is giving us $50 of OBC right off the bat, plus 25% off the individual's room rate on a future cruise. So if we also get the porting fees/taxes back (as we should) in addition, I will feel satisfied with the compensation. I personally think we should have more in the "now" in the form of OBC, because it's affecting us now, not if/when we cruise with Carnival again, but that's just me! I am dissapointed because they took away my favorite port and then they took away my favorite excursion activity from another port (I had already booked it, but they did refund). Essentially, 1/3 of my cruise isn't what I paid and planned for...but that's another song :)

I don't have my sail and sign ledger in front of me' date=' but there was definitely a refund in addition to the $50pp OBC. If memory serves it was ~$33pp.

We sailed 5/27 and missed Ketchikan.[/quote']

Oh, good. Thanks for responding!