FOS- 8/10 - Eastern Caribbean- A Few Insights

Had a wonderful cruise on FOS. I will remember the sunset in St. Thomas for years to come! Following are some thoughts/helpful hints for those interested:

- LOVED the location of our cabin - 9638 - port side forward which is very close to the elevators, Windjammer, and 5 floors directly below the D lounge (made D+with this cruise - whoop whoop!)

- tried out the drink vouvhers for the first time and loved them - thanks to CC we brought cash and tipped the lounge servers $1 for each drink. All of the servers seemed trilled with the cash!

- we asked one of the D longe servers about the vouchers they said, at least on FOS it WASN'T working - everyone seems to prefer the D lounges over the various bars. We certainly saw this all week as the D lounge and overflow lounge were packed every night.

- the Freedom class gyms are the best in the fleet!

- used Park-n-Cruise for the first time. First-class service with wonderful employees. The van was right there when we departed the ship at 6:55 am and our car was waiting for us front row with the trunk open.

- speaking of leaving the ship. If you are interested in being one of the first to disembark, around 6:20 am, go down to deck 4, foward or aft, and walk OUTSIDE and stand in line by the podiums where they check your seapass card.

-one final thought, and maybe someone can answer a question for me. We do not sleep well when a room is 72 degrees or above. We had the thermostat set to the coolest level possible in the room and ALL during the day, the temperature was 70-71 degrees (we have a clock that displays the inside temperature). During the night the temperature ALWAYS rose to 73-74 degrees. Subseqently we were throwing off the super heavy comforter they put on the beds. Grrrr...why does RCCL (and some major hotels as well) do this?

Well, that's all I have! Hope this is helpful and happy to answer any questions!

As far as room temp goes I dont think the thermostat has an actual temp set, just warmer or colder right? Can't seem to remember.

It's likely that knob only adjusts the amount of air coming into the room and is controlled by a damper in the ceiling. During the day a lot of people set it in the middle when they leave and I think the cabin attendent does too. This would mean if you had yours set really low during the day there would be plenty of CFM to cool the room down more. At night when everyone goes back to their cabins and turns the knob down the CFM is distributed more evenly so that cooler daytime temp is not possible.

Low 70's is fine w/me, its the lack of humidity removal that kills me. Cooling a cruise ship sitting in 100degree sun with 4000 people onboard and doors constantly opening is nearly impossible. :)

We'll be on FOS in a few weeks, can't wait.

We always have the same issue with the temp..and don't even have a balcony(although we had a front of the ship porthole that had a lot of heat coming in). I asked our attendant to see what he can do and for one night it was cooler. We were on the same cruise as you and had a blast..still depressed to be home.