Nassau Blue Lagoon

eyemd1

Will be in Nassau on the Breakaway end of December and have heard many conflicting reports about the Blue Lagoon excursion.

Anyone been on it recently?

How long a boat ride to the beach?

Are the beaches clean? Crowded?

Please let me know if you have experienced this trip.

Gordon

We also went in 2012. The dolphin encounter was awesome. It was a very nice place. We went to the beach after the encounter and there were only two other people there. The beach was very clean. I agree with the previous poster that the boat ride was about 30 minutes long. We enjoyed the boat ride over. I would do it again!

We went in 2012, too!

Great day! The boat ride was nice. The beach was calm and relaxing. I took my snorkel gear and saw a stingray. The food was just okay. We did not do the dolphin encounter. We simply went to enjoy the beach.

Thumbs up from me and my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also went in 2012 and as I recall it was more like a 45 min ferry boat ride, to the lagoon - and lagoon is what it is.

The water was very shallow and it had a type of slide and a raft in the water about 10' from the shore, but geared more for children.

We were 5 adults and didn't even go into the water which was up to your knees, thighs at the most. Great if you're traveling with children.

If you walked to the opposite side of the beach there was a scenic rocky coast area which was nice for pictures.

The lunch was hamburgers and hot dogs and 'dessert' was an apple.

This year it was on our itinerary (just returned from the Getaway) and we chose not to do the beach but just to do the shops in Nassau - it was very hot, lots of people (3 ships were in port) and it seemed every store carried the same thing. And traffic on the street was incredible.

When you get off the ship there are lots of taxis to take you to Cable Beach or Paradise Island for about $4 or $5 US and this is what I would do next time.