Carnival Breeze Ocean View Deluxe question

stanze5

I am looking for 3 person options on Carnival Breeze. Do all of the OV Deluxe rooms come with a sofa bed? My teen (19yr) daughter is planning to cruise with us, but if she finds a friend they will get their own interior. If not, we want to be able to have her sleep in our room so I was going to book an OV Deluxe for two but if it ends up she doesn't find anyone before final payment can I just add her to our room? TIA

I am looking for 3 person options on Carnival Breeze. Do all of the OV Deluxe rooms come with a sofa bed? My teen (19yr) daughter is planning to cruise with us, but if she finds a friend they will get their own interior. If not, we want to be able to have her sleep in our room so I was going to book an OV Deluxe for two but if it ends up she doesn't find anyone before final payment can I just add her to our room? TIA

just checked,and it looks like all OV Deluxe rooms for 3 people come with a sofa bed..

Some of the Deluxe Ocean View rooms on the Breeze are listed as 2 person rooms. My mom was in one of them in July on the Breeze. We had a 4person and my sister a 3person all in a row. My mom's sofa did not look any different but since the room was only listed as 2, I guess they could not make it into a bed. On the Breeze deck plans you can look at which rooms are 2,3 or 4 person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, they do not all come with a sofa BED. Please understand that not all the deluxe OV rooms can take a 3rd person. That's the real question you should be asking. This is the confusing part for some people: every deluxe OV room will have the exact same sofa in it, same size, same everything. BUT, only certain rooms are designated for sleeping at least a 3rd person. In the 2-person OV rooms, the sofa can only be a sofa, and is not allowed to be a bed. While it could easily be made into a bed, it is not a designated bed, and that room cannot have a 3rd person booked into it.

It's tricky. You would have to book 2 people in a 3-person (or 4 or 5 person) OV room, with the idea of maybe adding her later, and there's no guarantee that they will even let you book 2 into a 3+ person room. The danger there is that you could get bumped out of the room and into a 2-person room before you add her. And then your really in trouble. They wouldn't bump you unless there were no more 3+ person OV rooms left, so you wouldn't be able to then move into a room designated for 3, so you wouldn't be able to add her. You would have to hope that there was a balcony for 3 that you could upgrade to, which would cost quite a bit extra. Or she would have to be booked into her own room, which usually involves paying 2 cruise fares for 1 person. She could still sleep in your room on the sofa, made up into a bed, but she wouldn't be able to be booked into your room if it's only designated for 2 people.

I was in a deluxe OV room in January, and they are quite large. The extra half-bathroom takes up some space, so the room space is about the same as or slightly less than a regular OV. An extra 10 sq.ft. is not much at all, and that extra half-bathroom has got to be more than 10 sf. But it's a good size room.

Edited by k2excursion