1st time in San Juan

lluvsg

I'm new to Cruise Critic and the cruising scene. I'm taking a cruise through Carnival and am porting out of San Juan. I plan to get there a day early to take in some sites. I was hoping to get some ideas or suggestions on where to stay, eat, what to visit etc. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

We love Old San Juan. Great shopping, eats and small hotels. There is a free hop on hop off trolley in Old San Juan. Old Harbor Brewery if a drink is your thing. Can be hot and humid in the summer months. The big resorts are on the main drag close to all the beaches and action.

When are you going? We are on the December 28th Carnival Valor cruise and are Arriving 2 days early. I can't wait. I am excited about the cruise, but really excited about our time in San Juan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not going until next year but i just want to research and get everything planned.

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app

You will love San Juan, it is such a great place. If you want I have 2 reviews in my signature under Victory reviews (victory was the ship that did this route until 3/2013) they can give some ideas of things to do. We went early and stayed after a couple of days on both. We also are doing the Valor this January... love this cruise it has so many great islands. We also love cruising out of San Juan.

You will love San Juan, it is such a great place. If you want I have 2 reviews in my signature under Victory reviews (victory was the ship that did this route until 3/2013) they can give some ideas of things to do. We went early and stayed after a couple of days on both. We also are doing the Valor this January... love this cruise it has so many great islands. We also love cruising out of San Juan.

Thank you so much, I will check out your reviews.

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app