Carnival Dream (9/14/14)- With Pictures

malmo288

I always love to hear from visitors that they love my beautiful city. We sail Thanksgiving week with DD,SIL, beautiful grandchildren and lots of great memories to make.:D

We did enjoy it very much! Have a great cruise!

Great review, thanks for all the pics and details.

I may have missed this question in my reading, tho. How was the aft pool? was it as crowded as the main pool? I understand it's not adults only like other ships.

I personally never got in the pool, but my boyfriends brother and wife did. They liked the aft better because it wasn't as crowded for sure. I have a picture at post #59 in my review of the beautiful aft pool. And it usually always looked like that. I think it was towards day one and two of the cruise.

We were on the Dream in September. Our room was very cold, so cold that we dragged the extra comforters out of the closet. We were in 7448 which is almost as far aft as you can get.

This is interesting. So then maybe it's random throughout the ship. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by malmo288

Great review!! Thank you so much. We leave out on her on Oct. 26.

Thank you malmo288, I truly enjoyed your review ... and learned so much about the Dream.

Thank you!

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed and found helpful information! Have a good cruise! :)

I have really enjoyed reading all your reviews of The Dream as this will be our First Family Cruise 2 adults 3 kids 11,16,17yrs. We are planning on taking the Dec 14th cruise to Keywest, Freeport, & Nassau I've tried looking up as much info about everything as possible alot to take in Lol... not too much time left and I'm getting more excited daily!!! If there is anyone with any suggestions as far as going to these ports it would be great or maybe anyone who might be cruising on The Dream Dec. 14th would be great also as I have already said we're all first timers on cruising!!! Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated.... I've looked up the weather supposedly for around that time it says high around 79 so hoping this is meaning a warm 79 for light clothes like sundresses, shorts/tanktops and warm water for swimming. If anyone has ever been there around that time to maybe help I would love your input. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Excited about getting to enjoy a first time family cruise with my husband 2 boys and my sons girlfriend.:D

I have really enjoyed reading all your reviews of The Dream as this will be our First Family Cruise 2 adults 3 kids 11,16,17yrs. We are planning on taking the Dec 14th cruise to Keywest, Freeport, & Nassau I've tried looking up as much info about everything as possible alot to take in Lol... not too much time left and I'm getting more excited daily!!! If there is anyone with any suggestions as far as going to these ports it would be great or maybe anyone who might be cruising on The Dream Dec. 14th would be great also as I have already said we're all first timers on cruising!!! Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated.... I've looked up the weather supposedly for around that time it says high around 79 so hoping this is meaning a warm 79 for light clothes like sundresses, shorts/tanktops and warm water for swimming. If anyone has ever been there around that time to maybe help I would love your input. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Excited about getting to enjoy a first time family cruise with my husband 2 boys and my sons girlfriend.:D

Hey! Thank you for reading my review and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You should join a roll call here on cruise critic for the cruise your going on. That's where I got a lot of information before our cruise because the roll call is full of people who are experienced cruises to some that are new like yourself. Here is a link for your roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1972160

As for recommendations to what to do at those. Ports of call, I would look under ports of call on cruise critic cause you can find info for each and every one. Besides learning information about the ship, learning about each port individually and what is recommended to do there was one of my favorite parts of planning for our cruise. I wish I could give advice for those places, but I have never been! I hope this helped and have a good cruise!

Thank you very much for your reply I am currently looking into a site a travel agent gave me for some excursions tour deals the only thing I'm wondering is the safety of going with them and not missing getting back to the ship in time not sure if just getting scared for no reason because it will be our first time or if I should really be concerned about only booking thur Carnival.... I know I am wanting to book the Taste of Keywest thur carnival because I didn't see it on the site she gave me but I did find a package deal on the other site that saves us about $130 to go do a excursion in Freeport "Garden of the grove and city tour (4hrs)" & "Sail and Snorkel (3 1/2hrs)" in Nassau. I just keep hearing different things as far as booking outside of carnival on our own and it kinda scares me because we are having to cruise with just our legal documents BC, ML & IDs not passports. Well I'm probably putting more into it than I should just all new and my excitement probably isn't helping either Lol...:D Thanks again for your reviews and help!!! :) Yall are too sweet loved all the pictures :)

Thank you very much for your reply I am currently looking into a site a travel agent gave me for some excursions tour deals the only thing I'm wondering is the safety of going with them and not missing getting back to the ship in time not sure if just getting scared for no reason because it will be our first time or if I should really be concerned about only booking thur Carnival.... I just keep hearing different things as far as booking outside of carnival on our own and it kinda scares me because we are having to cruise with just our legal documents BC, ML & IDs not passports. Well I'm probably putting more into it than I should just all new and my excitement probably isn't helping either Lol...:D Thanks again for your reviews and help!!! :) Yall are too sweet loved all the pictures :)

Your welcome! I would maybe look through those ports of call on cruise critic and see if anyone else has went with those private companies that your TA is recommending and it might help ease your nerves about not going through carnival. If you can't find a post already about it, feel free to create a new one and ask in the specific port you have a question about. Someone out there will know the answer. The only thing I can say is your TA knows what they are doing usually. They depend on you to have a perfect vacation so that you'd recommend them and travel through them again. So I would think they are only going to book private excursions through people they would trust so that you have that perfect vacation. I can say from personal experience, I have never booked with the cruise ship and have always had great experiences. But I of course did the research on the companies I was traveling with before hand.

• 4 weeks later...
Girl I am right there with you on those beds! My bf and I have the same problem, always waking up with a few inches between us and constantly having to push them back together. I always seemed to end up in "the crack" HAHA.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! That was my only complaint on the beds. Other than that, I remember sleeping like a baby.

After we finished zip lining the took us back to the bus where our stuff was locked up to get into our swim gear. Here was when you could tell how conscious of time they were because they were trying to make sure we didn't feel rushed but also didn't just take our time, because we were just wasting the time we needed so that we could get back to port on time to catch the last tender. One thing I didn't realize with .com was that you had to carry your own inner tube, when I had read from several people that if you book with .bz you wouldn't have to carry your own raft. I feel like that within itself might be a reason to book with .bz next time, because focusing on carrying that raft on a hike for about 15-20 minutes in the miserable humidity was awful. There were times when I was walking and I was so focused on what I was doing that I realized I had forgotten to look around as we were hiking because it was a beautiful rainforest that we were hiking through.

I went cave tubing with cavetubing.com when I was in Belize. We only did cave tubing, not zip lining. I did not have to carry my own tube. One of the guys with .com carried it. I would definitely go through .com again if I ever want to go cave tubing again. They are great.

I went cave tubing with cavetubing.com when I was in Belize. We only did cave tubing, not zip lining. I did not have to carry my own tube. One of the guys with .com carried it. I would definitely go through .com again if I ever want to go cave tubing again. They are great.

Thank you for sharing that. Maybe we had to carry our own rafts since we were tubing and zip lining. It was a more rushed experience so there probably wasn't time to help us carry our rafts. Maybe others can share if they had similar experiences as you with them carrying with just tubing and as me with having to carry with tube and zipping.

• 1 month later...
Loved the review! We leave on the same cruise in March. Do you have scans of the spa specials?

I have some spa stuff, but I don't have a scanner. I will try to take and post some pictures of them for you. March is coming soon! You will love the cruise! :D

Loved the review! We leave on the same cruise in March. Do you have scans of the spa specials?

Here are pictures of everything I have for the spa. Hopefully you can see it when you zoom in. If not let me know.

20150103_164515_zpsylogpw6b.jpg

20150103_163952_zpshwwawmbx.jpg

20150103_164003_zpskpfe2tv6.jpg

20150103_164117_zpsm7zggjn1.jpg

20150103_164300_zpsummutjm2.jpg

20150103_164328_zpsw01fdksn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fantastic Review!!!

So excited to sail on the Dream in August 2015 with my two kids (11 and 16). We sailed on the Magic a couple of years ago and loved it so much, can't wait to enjoy this one. Even more so, after reading your thorough review and suggestions for the ports.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and share :D

• 4 weeks later...
What a wonderful report!

We are looking at booking for Sept this year. If we do, you times guides will be super helpful.

Thanks!

Good! I'm glad I could help. If you have any other questions let me know! If you do book, have a blast!

Fantastic Review!!!

So excited to sail on the Dream in August 2015 with my two kids (11 and 16). We sailed on the Magic a couple of years ago and loved it so much, can't wait to enjoy this one. Even more so, after reading your thorough review and suggestions for the ports.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and share :D

The magic was my first cruise. I loved the magic and really loved the dream. I hope you and your family has an amazing time!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review. My wife and I leave on the Dream on Sept 13,2015. And we have room 7204 so your pics of the room were very nice to see. We now know what to expect. This will be our very first cruise. We are looking forward to it even more after seeing all your pics. Thanks again!!! Justin