majesty 10th to 17th

just a brief summary of our holiday and first trip on the majesty.

Travelled from east midlands without incident ,bang on time and speedy stress free transfer to ship.and beautiful weather to boot:)

Got onboard and was very impressed with ship,well presented and spotlessly clean

Cabin 3058,to be honest a cabin has only 3 criteria to fill for us,,be big enough to sleep in,,be big enough to shower in and be clean,all 3 boxes more than adequately ticked,plus itwas in good position next to lifts straight up to piazza san marco.

Entertainment,cant comment on the shows as they are just not our thing but the house bands and classical duo in royal observatory were excellent,the only thing i found annoying was the im an entertainer get me out of here thing they did on the pool deck one day,we never really warmed to the cruise director to be honest,she has what my wife describes as a shopping channel sales voice:)

Food,,we ate in the seven seas every night and to be honest some of the main courses were pretty poor from undercooked chicken to lamb with the texture of a flip flop,the baked alaska was like something you would find in the bargain section of iceland,we were sat with 2 other couples who all shared our views on these few things ,having said that i thought the appetisers ,starters and in particular the deserts better than on the dream,spirit or destiny,the food served at breakfast and throughout the day was also very good,and the waiters were all as usual warm friendly and efficient,in fact the whole crew were fantastic.

On the whole apart from these few issues we had a great time,went to some lovely places and met some great people,and wouldnt hessitate in booking up on her again.

Oh, you made me laugh about the CD :D:D That exactly sums her up! After having Richard Grey on the Spirit in September, I suppose anyone else would be a let down, but I can't say she impressed me and I'm still not sure who the ACD was as there seemed to be several of them :rolleyes:

We ate in the Four Seasons twice, but to be honest, we were not impressed with the food either. The duck on formal night was tough and overcooked although DH said the salmon was good. We preferred the buffet and so apparently did quite a few other people.

On October the 17th we were spending our last hours on the ship before we had a late flight home. We had a brilliant cruise but it was nearly spoiled when we went for our last meal (forgotten if it was Piazza del Marco or Cafe Royale) and my husband lost about £80, dropped it out of the pocket of his jeans.

He realised when we were having a last coffee in the coffee shop and went back to look. Of course he didn't find it. I went up and asked one of the waiters who said No didn't think so but then he was chasing me out of the door saying go to reception something had been handed in.

I sent my husband off to reception where they had his money. I want to say a really big thank you to whoever handed in the money. It would have been good to buy him or her a drink but we were just about to leave the ship and didn't know who the person was. It has restored my faith in the honesty of the public.

Thanks again

Edited by Tappy444

About the food on Thomson Majesty I need to comment on how fantastic our meal in the bistro was. Worth every extra penny.

We had very attentive waiter service and the meal was served at a slow pace otherwise it would have been just too much to eat.

We had additional courses a beautifully cooked large shrimp as an extra appetiser followed by the pate starter. Then there was the most gorgeous french onion soup followed by salad. The next extra was a sorbet. then on to the main course of Lobster Thermidore. I have only had two really good lobster thermidors in my life and this was one of them. I had the cherries and ice cream and hubby had the double chocolate brownie for dessert. Then coffee and petit fours if you could fit them in. A really brilliant meal not something I would normally have.

I usually liked my choices of food in the MDR and enjoyed meeting new people at the table each day. We even met a couple who only live a mile away from us!

Generally there was food available whenever you wanted any but with the right choices it didn't have to be a disaster on the waistline.

Although the Majesty is only a small ship and has been though several owners it is still in reasonable condition and being smaller is a much more friendly place than these gargantuan vessels. One thing I noticed was that the MDR smelled fine unlike my RCI and Carnival experiences where the dining rooms smelled dirty.

Edited by Tappy444