Suite not Sweet

cupcake1222

We had a suite once on the Jewel and I just simply did not see what the big deal was. But we're the type of vacationers that want to be "left alone", so I chalked it up to us not being suite material. This was not a Haven suite, so other than the butler perk, no big deal.

Our butler was perfectly pleasant, left the snacks (when we remembered to turn the DND sign off), but that was it. It was okay with us, we never asked him for anything, but I think maybe it's us.

We didn't think Cagney's was anything special. We ate lunch there on embarkation day and the first breakfast. The breakfast was the same as the garden cafe - so why bother? We never had dinner there, just couldn't see the point. I too had been excited about all the perks I read on CC, but at the end of the day, once I had access to them, I was too lazy to be bothered. So I just won't pay for a suite again - no big deal. Maybe you're just not a suite person. I think it raises a person's expectations so high, and then disappointment. I'm glad you still enjoy ncl

This sums up our experience as well. We just returned from 14 days on the Dawn (Boston to New Orleans) in a suite. This was our first NCL cruise in years and we were apprehensive that we would not like it as well as HAL and Celebrity so we decided to insure our trip by spending for the extra perks of the suite. Truly it wasn't necessary. Gian, our butler, was fabulous and I can't say enough good things about Virginia, the concierge, but we didn't use their services enough to justify the extra cost. Our steward, Carlos, was the best ever but our friends in a mini-suite had an equally good steward.

I think we found out we no longer have the patience for room service and we didn't want to order breakfast the night before because we didn't know what time we might wake up. In short, I might do a suite again but it would be on a larger ship where there might be more issues with show seats, tendering etc. The priority embarkation and disembarkation were nice but I can wait a little to save a few thousand dollars. (After all, that is a free cruise).

As for comparison to HAL and Celebrity, customer service on NCL was better than on either of them. We had a billing error on Celebrity that took five days to get fixed and six trips to guest services. A similar issue on NCL was resolved in five minutes. Overall we were pleased enough that we have booked the Mexican Riviera on NCL for next October--in a min-suite

op - i am sorry your experience in the suites was not up to standards. I too would have been disappointed with your experiences

our first experience in a suite was ok, but not fabulous. Our butler did the basics, but did not do anything above and beyond. Not to say he was bad, he was just not great. The concierge on that trip was awful. He pretty much ignored us, even when we had requests. We chalked it up to the fact we were in the cheapest suite, and just dealt with it.

Now, compare that experience to our last 2 and there is really no comparison. We adored adrian, our concierge on the epic, and also loved leo our butler on that cruise. Both made that cruise amazing. No lines for anything thanks to adrian, and leo was a psychic anticipating our needs about the same time as we needed them! We were in the lowly cheap suite on that cruise too, so that was when we realized it is not the category of the suite that matters, it is the staff working them.

We also had a great experience with out butler lucky on the getaway. We requested the types of snacks we liked, and he brought them. He listened to us, which right there, is what makes a good butler, or a good service person in general. We tend to ask for what we like though, and are not afraid to speak up. I think that helps a lot when you are receiving top end type of service. Don't be shy, they want to know how to make you happy! :)

amen!!!!!!:):):)