Deck Levan & other tales from the Elevators

JL&Fam

We sailed on the Dec 12-20 cruise.

I meant to get a sound bite from elevators of the "Deck Levan" announcement. Any chance someone has it?

At 1st it came across as kind of odd but quickly grew on all of our family. We even noticed others smiling and repeating it as we hit that deck.

For the first couple days of the cruise there was an issue with the elevators going into priority mode. An announcement would come over telling you to exit and you wound up on some random deck. Around the second or third time this happened a guy told me it is because some suite guests were able to flash their WOW band and the elevator would go into priority mode.

More on that in a bit...

Cheers,

Jeff

I found it a bit odd that a suite guest flashing their WOW band would have that type of privilege so I tried it, even though I was not in a suite...it worked I was now able to call an elevator on demand.

My wife wasn't impressed with me, kids thought it was a hoot. I refrained from doing it unless someone else tried to bump us from an elevator.

That lasted until Coco Cay when RCI got it fixed.

But how about that art!

Cheers,

Jeff

You've made me smile Jeff! We were on the same cruise as you and couldn't help giggling evy time we got to "deck levan" :)

Re the priority elevators- we were told (not sure how accurate the info source is though....) that the point of the priority access is for guests in wheelchairs / mobility aids but that it wasn't working quite right and a lot a pax were able to prioritise their elevator rides :)

You must be the grinch! ;)

We had just gotten "deck leaben" out of our heads and then I read your post and now it's baaaaack!

I never thought about getting a sound clip, but if you find one, please share. I wish we had heard about the priority call before the cruise, I wouldn't have been able to resist (at least once).

Thanks for the post Christmas laugh!