Fascination vs Elation

Lanced

Hey guys!! I'm trying to plan another shorter cruise. I've been on the Elation a couple of years ago. But I'm thinking about going on the fascination this next time. What are the differences good and bad? Any help would be great.

I've been on both, but you'll notice it's been some time since I was on the Elation.

The Elation wasn't bad - obviously, we sailed it twice!

However, we LOVED the Fascination. The crew was fantastic. The cabins were so much better (I HATE those pink closets and the box in the corner). It appeared more loved. A couple of other small differences are in the layout. The formalities shop is in a different place than on the Elation, and I prefer the layout of the Lido buffet on the Fascination. I also don't recall the Elation having a carving station between the Mongolian and the Grille...but I could have missed that. :P

I guess it comes down to if you want to sail out of New Orleans or Jacksonville. I much prefer the itineraries from Jacksonville. :)

ETA: I just posted a review (no pics) of our Fascination cruise from January 3, in case your interested!

Edited by tropicaledrink

I wouldn't make a decision based on what the crew is like unless they are very recent reports and you are sailing soon. Generally speaking, the crew is in constant changeover so just because it was a wonderful and happy group one month doesn't mean it will be even a few month later.

That said, I love the Fascination. It is obvious Carnival is more vested in it. I'm sailing on the elation bit more based on the port is two miles away than the ship.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We live an hour away from the new orleans port, and wont be sailing on the elation again. It was fine the first time around, but when we sailed last year, it seamed to be in desperate need of a dry dock. The cruise was wonderful, aside from the condition of the ship. Large areas were roped off every day for significant amounts of time for repair. The serenity deck was closed for almost an entire day, they were ripping out a large area of tile one day at Tiffany's, ripping out walls to repair pipes, etc. Basically everywhere you went something was blocked off with caution tape and getting worked on. Again, we enjoyed ourselves, and the crew was great, as always. Maybe we just had bad luck and happened to be on a cruise where they were making a lot of repairs at once. Whatever the case may be, as long as carnival has two ships in new orleans, we'll always choose the other instead of the elation, unless of course it gets a complete overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mary80