1 more day or more to do on the ship?

jenifferf00

So my husband and I are all booked on a Splendor cruise for next January, 2 sea days with 4 port days. However I've been looking around and found a Breeze cruise, 2 sea days with 3 port days. Price wise they are within $50 of each other, so price really isn't an issue, and we could book basically the same room on either ship. The big difference is what the ships have to offer.

The Breeze seems to have a lot more to do with the ropes course and bigger Serenity area. The ports are Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We would likely get off at all 3 and do a beach tour, a snorkel tour, and a 4 wheel tour.

The Splendor has less to do, but an additional day. The ports are Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, and Roatan Bay. We would likely get off at 3 of the 4 and do a four wheel tour, ruins tour, and beach day or snorkel. This would allow for an extra day of relaxation, but with less to do on the ship.

The restaurants aren't a huge deal as we plan on just doing the dining room. This is will be our first child free vacation in about 9 years so we want to take advantage of the night life and adult areas.

Any recommendations? Any experiences? Our last Carnival cruise was on the Valor, and while we liked it my husband was a bit bored. We just did a 5 day Disney Cruise, and felt as soon as we were truly in vacation mode it was already over.

We can't look for a longer Breeze cruise because time wise we have to go in January, I will still be off from college, but my kids will be in school. Making it easier on the person watching our kids.

Thanks for any input!

I have cruised both! Each was 8 days splendor from NYC and Breeze from Miami! Now the breeze does have 2.0 which is nice, guys and the blue iguana are really all we cared about! But splendor is much less crowded! We felt very crowded on breeze! Liked the layout of breeze better, but the buffet still gets jammed up and if your in the blush dinning room and show up early it's gets tight! Loved the decor on breeze better then the splendors pink donuts! Both are going to be fun! I think it comes down to what u wanna use on the ship! And by the way rottan is amazing! Loved the beach there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would go with the Splendor and stay on the ship at Roatan. I've been to all of the ports you listed and Roatan was my least favorite, not to mention the fact that Honduras isn't winning any tourism safety awards these days.

Also, Belize is a tender port, so unless you have an excursion booked through the ship, it's going to take a while to get off and back on again. So that would be my second choice for the day to stay on the ship.