Adventure - how early can we check luggage on day of departure and then tour OSJ?

On Adventure (June 13). Can we, and how early in the morning, can we drop of our luggage at port and then go tour Old San Juan? I know we can't check in for the ship, but can we just drop off and check in our luggage and then come back to check in later? We are arriving on Friday, but would like to take our time sight seeing the Old city and would like to do it Saturday morning. Thanks for an input.

Good question. It appears that they start embarkation around 11am. This is based on when they finish unloading the previous cruise. I have not found any comments that the luggage handlers have accepted bags prior to embarkation. We will be in Sju in 5 days arriving at 5am and probably rent a car to store our bags. I will ask the porters about the start time for bag drop off.

Good question. It appears that they start embarkation around 11am. This is based on when they finish unloading the previous cruise. I have not found any comments that the luggage handlers have accepted bags prior to embarkation. We will be in Sju in 5 days arriving at 5am and probably rent a car to store our bags. I will ask the porters about the start time for bag drop off.

Check out tripadvisor San Juan forum. Someone suggested a restaurant called Barrachina's will store luggage for you while touring OSJ. If I don't get a response about dropping of luggage at port, we may try the restaurant. See my post there. Hope this helps.

Edited by momrules

Just found this on the San Juan port thread. I think this is what we will do for Saturday am.

There is a restaurant in Old San Juan, The Barrachina, that will store luggage for you. We have used them several times. It is quite safe and secure and the only cost is a tip for the attendent. It is also a nice place to eat. It is located at 104 Calle Fortaleza.

One more to confirm this is what we will do! Sorry for all the posts, hope they help. If you do you use Barrachin's on your trip, would you post your thoughts when you return on this thread? Thanks!! :)

Barrachina (a restaurant in Old San Juan) has free luggage storage from 9am-5pm. Here is their website: http://www.barrachina.com/indexb.php

It is a very convenient location (with decent food/drinks) if you are looking to shop around Old San Juan.