Port Canaveral, Valor, and Kids

sam0731

Just curious for those that have cruised from this port, is there many kids on the ships? We usually cruise in January and was thinking about booking on the valor in Jan 2016 to do some different ports. In the past we have sailed out of New Orleans twice, Galveston once, and Tampa once, all in January (works best with my job.) Anyway we always take our two boys who are now 13 and 9. They absolutely love cruising, really enjoy the carnival activities for the kids so me and the wife still get plenty of time to ourselves. 3 of the 4 cruises had quite a few kids on them but the one from Tampa only had a few. The kids were a little bummed but still had fun. Thanks for any help.

Doug

I would like to know the answer too. We have 6 kids various ages and were thinking of going out of Port Canaveral for Fall Break this year (Oct)....Jacksonville is also on our list.

We already have a trip booked for our Spring Break next year out of Tampa and I think it is safe to say that during Spring Break, there will always be kids.

I think it really comes down to when kids are on school break. We just sailed Valor March 27 and there were 800 kids on board I think. I was told that they were expecting 1200 the following week. When we sailed Dream out of Pt Canaveral last year it was earlier in March and not many kids were on Spring Break so it was a much smaller group.

We just got off the 04/04/2015-04/12/2015 Valor and there were 1500 children on board! It was the first time I have really seen them split up the 6-11 year old group since there were so many kids on board.

OMG:eek: I sure hope you got all the kids from our week coming up.