Recent grandeur cruisers: current bands?

Hi mike.

evergreen is not on vacation but was let go. We were on grandeur April 28 and very disappointed withe only two bands Casablanca and the caribbean band. Sets were only 30 minutes with 15 minute break, lots of dj's time in centrum. I believe Casablanca was leaving royal to go to another cruise line last week but we were told a new one would be coming. Hope so. We are sailing with you in June. Look forward to meeting you.

Leslie

Hi mike.

evergreen is not on vacation but was let go. We were on grandeur April 28 and very disappointed withe only two bands Casablanca and the caribbean band. Sets were only 30 minutes with 15 minute break, lots of dj's time in centrum. I believe Casablanca was leaving royal to go to another cruise line last week but we were told a new one would be coming. Hope so. We are sailing with you in June. Look forward to meeting you.

Leslie

Hi leslie!

Thanks for the info ..... Yeah...disappointed as well!! We normally sail for the great cover bands, at least on other ships.

So, I'm not expecting much:( At least some live music Mon. pm at Frog and onion pub. http://www.frogandonion.bm/music.html

Hopefully they've replaced the bands...

See you on board!!!

Mike

I believe RCL is cutting costs and removing a band. Casablanca was very upset they did not have any day off. Usually first set did not include singer and was instrumental. They would play 45 minutes before first dinner and then DJ and then again before second seating. very disappointed because we are used to the great bands and always lots of dancers on Grandeur.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you know why Evergreen was let go?

They have been on the EN and GR for yrs.

Well.... this makes my decision sooooo much easier. I had reserved for a Dec. cruise, but now that I know that Evergreen is "no longer", I will be bowing OUT! :eek: Gracias! :(