Alaska SB cruisetour #3 questions

Im trying to find out the general time frame for "free time" in Denali and Talkeetna to book my own excursions. Royal Carribean is not helpful at all and will not tell me anything about the land part. They wont even give me the name of the compan planning their excursions (which I would be willing to do it they would at the let me know what they are offering) I want to do a heli/glacier landing tour. They say they don't have that information. Anyone here have it?

I did the 8B tour last year. Looking back at my charge for excursions it looked like they came from http://premieralaskatours.com/

You might be able to contact them and see if they could send you anything.

Might not help much but a copy of the excursions list can be found here: http://gallery.mjcwebdesign.com/main.php?g2_itemId=8830

Edited by chandom

I did the 8B tour last year. Looking back at my charge for excursions it looked like they came from http://premieralaskatours.com/

You might be able to contact them and see if they could send you anything.

Might not help much but a copy of the excursions list can be found here: http://gallery.mjcwebdesign.com/main.php?g2_itemId=8830

thank you , thank you .. If they are the same excursions that will be great. Do you have any suggestions of "what not to miss" on this trip? Other than i'm kicking myself for not booking including Fairbanks.... Any special places we should see or restaraunts to eat at?

Sorry it took so long for a reply, had to gather my many thoughts.

Overall I had a great time and would love to do it again.

All the pictures I have posted are at http://gallery.mjcwebdesign.com/main.php?g2_itemId=8794

Hope this is useful...

Summary of what I did/dined...

Day 1, Fairbanks:

Joys of flying from Florida

Night 1, Fairbank:

Got in from the airport, stayed at Sophie's Station. If I recall, ate at Big Daddy's BBQ.

Day and Night 2, Fairbanks:

Did nothing on own, lunch at The Fudge Pot. Dinner, went to Fred Meyer and picked up some food to fix back at the hotel.

Day 3, Fairbanks:

Breakfast on the train, wasn't overly impressed.

Night 3, Denali:

Lunch in the shopping area, don't recall the name.

Stayed at Grande Denali Lodge.

Don't recall where I ate, know I did eat once at the restaurant at the Grande Denali Lodge (either night 1 or 2)

Did the Whitewater rafting

Day/Night 4, Denali:

Day: Tundra Wilderness Tour, provided box lunch

Don't recall where I ate, know I did eat once at the restaurant at the Grande Denali Lodge (either night 1 or 2)

Night: Husky Homestead

Day 5, Denali:

Train to Talkeetna, lunch on the train.

Night 5, Talkeetna:

Dinner at Talkeetna Roadhouse (was seen on Man vs Food), it was great and was reasonably priced.

My father did the Fixed Wing Flightseeing: McKinley Flyer with Glacier Landing. He still talks about it to this day.

Day 6, Talkeetna:

Morning/Afternoon, Devil’s Canyon Jetboat. Was interesting and nice, enclosed boat. Was provide lunch on the boat.

Night 6, Anchorage:

Dinner on the train.

Late night meal at Uncle Joe's Pizzeria.

Day 7, Anchorage/Seward:

Deviated from the tour and took the train to Seward, got in around 11 or 12. Was able to check in right away. From walking to the building to ship, about 10 minutes.

Lunch in Windjammer and dropped off our carryon bags. Went to the Alaska SeaLife Center.

Day 8, Cruising Hubbard Glacier.

Day 9, Juneau:

Took the bus to Mendenhall Glacier

Day 10, Skagway:

Did a private tour Beyond Skagway and into Canada. Went to Caribou Crossing Trading Post. Had lunch at Chilkoot Trail Authentic Sourdough Bakery in Carcross.

If you do a search for my hint, the picture of the three bears on the road was taken by me.

Day 11, Icy Strait Point:

Did a private whale watching tour. Only 5 people total (6 if you include the operator). Yes, we did see whales, lots of them.

Had a great whale adventure in Icy Strait.

Day 12, Ketchikan:

Did the lumberjack show and walked around. Purchased the tickets at the door.

Day 13, Cruising.

Post Cruise Day 1, Vancouver:

Got off the ship

“Toured” Vancouver using the public transit system

Had dinner at Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar

Dessert at Bella Gelateria

Stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim

Post Cruise Day 2 Vancouver/Seattle:

Took Amtrak to Seattle

Walked around downtown Seattle

Stayed at the Hampton Inn next to the airport

Post Cruise Day 3:

Morning flight back to Florida

Edited by chandom

• 9 months later...

Day 7, Anchorage/Seward:

Deviated from the tour and took the train to Seward, got in around 11 or 12. Was able to check in right away. From walking to the building to ship, about 10 minutes.

Lunch in Windjammer and dropped off our carryon bags. Went to the Alaska SeaLife Center.

I know this is an old thread :) Would you tell me please if you took the Coastal Classic train ?? and were you able to leave your luggage with the tour and have it delivered to the ship or did you have to take all your luggage with you on the train?

THANKS,

Angie

I know this is an old thread :) Would you tell me please if you took the Coastal Classic train ?? and were you able to leave your luggage with the tour and have it delivered to the ship or did you have to take all your luggage with you on the train?

THANKS,

Angie

Correct, it was the Costal Classic and we did the Adventure class. Due to late booking the Goldstar class was sold out.

We were able to leave to luggage to be delived when we broke from tour. However, this was due to one member of our party staying behind and doing the bus.

Otherwise we would have had to transfer the bags on our own.

Added:

Meaning get our luggage to the train depot. At the depot they have an area setup to drop luggage off for direct delivery to the ship.

Edited by chandom

Correct, it was the Costal Classic and we did the Adventure class. Due to late booking the Goldstar class was sold out.

We were able to leave to luggage to be delived when we broke from tour. However, this was due to one member of our party staying behind and doing the bus.

Otherwise we would have had to transfer the bags on our own.

Added:

Meaning get our luggage to the train depot. At the depot they have an area setup to drop luggage off for direct delivery to the ship.

THANK YOU so much