Looking to Book first cruise. Advice appreciated

djBobby

Hey there,

Find myself in a similar situation and this morning took the plunge and booked!!!

I'm 32, travelling solo for first time and cruising for first time! Read various reviews and decided upon NCL Epic. Booked one of the single cabins and leaving on 16th Aug.

Terrified and excited all at the same time :)

Hey there,

Find myself in a similar situation and this morning took the plunge and booked!!!

I'm 32, travelling solo for first time and cruising for first time! Read various reviews and decided upon NCL Epic. Booked one of the single cabins and leaving on 16th Aug.

Terrified and excited all at the same time :)[

Just relax and take it as it comes!!!:)

Try not to over study it, it will all work out, you will learn as you go.

And lastly, Welcome to the club "Cruise Junkies!!! :cool:

It sounds like a wonderful itinerary. I've done similar ones twice, and would go back in a heartbeat. If you're concerned about getting from the ship to Marco Polo airport in Venice in time for that flight, you should be able to do it.

Ask the ship to have an early disembarkation so you can get off as soon as possible. You'll probably have to haul your own luggage, but you're not bringing a steamer trunk, right? And do some research beforehand to decide how you're getting from the cruise port to Marco Polo. My suggestion would be a taxi, not the cheapest option, but you're trying to make a flight. Have all your travel docs at the ready, so you don't have to fumble around looking for things at the airport. Marco Polo is not a large airport and it's well-organized.

As for enjoying the cruise, of course you will! Everybody on that ship will he happy to be there, and all cruisers (except a tiny number of cranks) are pleased to meet each other and share the good times. You'll know who the cranks are because you'll hear their loud complaints from a few feet away. Take a detour. Have a wonderful cruise!

Well, it's done!

Payed the deposit for 7 nights on jade for the 26th September. Booked a hotel for Venice for the return date. Probably could of made the airport on the day like suggested but hey, who's going to knock an extra night in Venice?

So now the countdown begins :)

Twinkle993 be interesting to hear how you get on on epic, I was strongly considering that but settled for what I have now

:eek: Just relax its not as complicated as people make it out to be its like renting a motel room and when you get to the ship there are lots of people to help you and point you in the right direction I think a lot of people make booking a cruise and then going on the cruise a lot more then what it is a child could do it:eek:

Well, it's done!

Payed the deposit for 7 nights on jade for the 26th September. Booked a hotel for Venice for the return date. Probably could of made the airport on the day like suggested but hey, who's going to knock an extra night in Venice?

So now the countdown begins :)

Twinkle993 be interesting to hear how you get on on epic, I was strongly considering that but settled for what I have now

Great decision, for sure. This way you have no worries about the disembarkation process or timing and you avoid the crowding at the airport with all your fellow passengers.

And you'll be enchanted by the experience of a day in Venice without a schedule.

One additional benefit. You may have the opportunity of taking photos of your ship passing by Piazza San Marcos as it heads out for its next cruise.

One additional benefit. You may have the opportunity of taking photos of your ship passing by Piazza San Marcos as it heads out for its next cruise.

That thought hadn't even crossed my mind but a great idea. Thanks

it's a little exciting now everything is booked, NCL website has a little countdown timer...... 105 days. Seems like a lifetime away at the moment.