Free things to do in port

milliesimmons

Our ports: Cozumel, Costa Maya, George Town, Havana (we are on an English cruise), Playa del Carmen, Monetego Bay.

Are there any things which you can do for free in the locations above. I don't mind paying for a taxi to get to the place or a few drinks but I want to keep the cost as minimal as possible. Thank you!

Our ports: Cozumel, Costa Maya, George Town, Havana (we are on an English cruise), Playa del Carmen, Monetego Bay.

Are there any things which you can do for free in the locations above. I don't mind paying for a taxi to get to the place or a few drinks but I want to keep the cost as minimal as possible. Thank you!

If you like Snorkeling, some really good snorkeling (or diving) in Grand Cayman is at Eden Rock a short walk from the tender port. I'd recommend going in at the Eden Rock dive center which is the second place you'll pass if you turn to the right (with your back to the sea) and walk a few blocks. They rent snorkel equipment there. Ask the people there to point out the buoys marking the reef as the best areas are about 100 yards offshore - not difficult with flippers on.

For the best options in each port you might also ask on the related port of call board here on Cruise Critic. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

You should indicate what type of activity you like. The least expensive in most ports is just walking around town (not too exciting for me at most ports) or taking a taxi to a beach.

Edited by Lsimon

Hi,

We check out Tripadvisor or any other on-line travel site. They often have listings of fun things to do that are at no, or minimal, cost.

Was curious about your Havana stop. Are you an American or Canadian? We'd love to visit Cuba but, as Americans, weren't sure of passport restrictions.

Cozumel : The Money Bar. Just take a taxi. Free beach chairs, great snorkeling (bring your own equipment if you're on a budget). Reasonably priced food and drink. Steps into the water for easy swimming and snorkeling. Not free but just the cost of a few drinks and a cab.

Hi,

We check out Tripadvisor or any other on-line travel site. They often have listings of fun things to do that are at no, or minimal, cost.

Was curious about your Havana stop. Are you an American or Canadian? We'd love to visit Cuba but, as Americans, weren't sure of passport restrictions.

Hi, we are English and are on the Thomson Dream cruise. Some Canadians were on the cruise last year and they had no trouble getting into Cuba. I've read recently that the Cubans and American relations are becoming more relaxed so hopefully American citizens will be able to visit soon!

Hi, we are English and are on the Thomson Dream cruise. Some Canadians were on the cruise last year and they had no trouble getting into Cuba. I've read recently that the Cubans and American relations are becoming more relaxed so hopefully American citizens will be able to visit soon!

My apologies, but this is a Celebrity cruise, the 'Thomson Dream cruise'? I had only heard that Carnival was planning a cruise that went to Havana.

Pat

My apologies, but this is a Celebrity cruise, the 'Thomson Dream cruise'? I had only heard that Carnival was planning a cruise that went to Havana.

Pat

Hi pat, I just posted on the celebrity cruise forum because come of the people on here may have information about the ports I stated :)